View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 J'adore Bakery, frustrating!!! anyone else get this!!!! 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Post J'adore Bakery, frustrating!!! anyone else get this!!!!
I decided to play the Jacquet family for a little while and now my business is -2 yes minus 2 horrible!!!!!

there are three problems arising.

1st: How do you re-stock desert plates???? it will restock the whole cake fine, but not the single plates, it always tells me its out of stock. and when i tell Denise Jacquet (the grandma) to make single plates there is no option for cake, baked alaska etc... she can only make the whole cake. :(

2nd: when i employ a cook to bake the cakes all they do is cook like they're making food for a restaurant in NightLife. I have no option to make them bake cakes all it gives is management, be chef. :confused:

3rd: The business (J'adore Bakery) is clean, no puddles on the floor no dirty dishes, the Washroom is clean too, YET everyone guests and Owners complain about the place being dirty. They also complained about my employees i would see their face in their thought bubble and a big red X on them!!!!!! :angry:

All my other businesses are booming except this one, anyone got any suggestions???

please help!!! :banghead:

thanks

Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:05 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

set up a extra prep counter and stove or try and move the kitchen off to a room, they are picking up on the stove and prep counter being dirty, also set up an employee (if you have one to spare, otherwise just get a servo in the family and make sure its fully charged before you go to work) to tidying up the place,

Last edited by Draken on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:17 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

as for #2 your hireing a regular Townie or SIM and then assigning them to use a Normal stove and not useing a mod that lets you "hire a cook" or useing that Nightlife Restraunt stove right?

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:21 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

oh and as for the disert plates? sorry to say this but unfortunatly you have to "serve" and then cancle to get individual plates, but I think someone is working on a mod that will put individual slices on the menue(but realisticly your better off selling the whole pies instead of individual servings)

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

being a baker in the sims 2 OFB seems to be a real complicated deal then. thanks for the info, i will try and see if it works, i am peeved maxis didn't make sure it solved all the problems before re-leasing... as for the kitchen i have now locked it, so only employee's and the owners Denise and Gilbert can go in.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:17 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

i was playing that bakery yesterday. I had to make a cake, them have them serve it, but put the slices in the inventory, from there I would stock that particular cake. after a while I stopped selling Slices.

I even had to hire like 4 employees. I even had two managers, and one of them was in charge of the cashier.

I even had two cooks quit on me. I i made sure that the owner made the cakes. and I would close shot for a whole day to make cakes then open the next day.

and a reporter came and gave me a review, and I had customer loyalty from her, and now they have the best of the best award.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 am
Profile YIM
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Anthony
I dont play pre-made families i only play and then not save it. That old woman is so annoying she always roams around my business doing nothing with her ugly dress. LOL

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:35 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

that is true, she never really do what you want her to do, all she wants to do is play chess. If i could fire her, I would. The even hired his girlfriend as a cook, but she quit. lol

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:32 pm
Profile YIM
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

it seems way to difficult to run a bakery, i sold their bakery and bought the resturant, which seems alot easier to run and requires less employees and gives less headaches, and since you dont need a cook you can leave the old bag at home and just wait for her to die to collect the insurance money

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:45 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Anthony

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:16 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post J'Adore Bakery Environment
I disagree about the environment problem in J'Adore Bakery being dirty dishes or kitchen issues. When my sims enter the kitchen area the enviroment bar goes way up...it is in the main part of the store that has the tables that it drops. I've changed wall paper and flooring and checked to make sure it has a roof..all to no avail. Has anyone figured out what is causing this problem? It's a nice shop...

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:47 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

OK, I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I sent my pregnant girl down to the bakery to get cheesecake because for some reason, she nor her husband can make it at home (he even has all of his cooking skill). So I went down there and bought what I thought was cheesecake and I bring it home.

I put it on the counter and I have the option of resume cooking or clean up. I press resume cooking of course, but when I do that she says the counter is in the way or something.

So it spoiled and I took her back down there and bought it again. I then made her husband resume cooking since he has all his skill points and it still doesn't work.

HOW DO I DO THIS?!?!!? Thanks.

Last edited by marchchic7 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:32 am
High Voltage Rocker
High Voltage Rocker

not removing this message till the leafs win the cup started 6/6/07

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
OK, I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I sent my pregnant girl down to the bakery to get cheesecake because for some reason, she nor her husband can make it at home (he even has all of his cooking skill). So I went down there and bought what I thought was cheesecake and I bring it home.

I put it on the counter and I have the option of resume cooking or clean up. I press resume cooking of course, but when I do that she says the counter is in the way or something.

So it spoiled and I took her back down there and bought it again. I then made her husband resume cooking since he has all his skill points and it still doesn't work.

Yeah I had the same issue with any baked goods that were already in that backery when I started it, nothing you can do I think.

Oh and you can't make it at home because your stove doesn't have an oven I think, my brother was having the same problem.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:50 am
Profile WWW

Just for information, the restocking of crafted goods is bugged. If a crafted item is out of stock and you make some more. They tend to disappear when you try and restock. Twojeffs has a fix on MATY
www.moreawesomethanyou.com

The cheesecake doesn't work as advertised either. You have to eat it after, not before the pregnancy and it ups the odds to 100% Again twojeffs on MATY has a fix.

I saw a post referring to not being able to eat the bakery goods at home, but wasn't paying attention and can't find it again sorry.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:02 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: AJ
Yea, I had this problem also, but I just mad the whole cake over again, but yea, I dont like playing with the J'Adore Bakery, I like Delarosa's home fleur store :party:

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]