View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Make Selectable? 
Roomie
Roomie

Post Make Selectable?
Remember in the Sims 2 there was a "make selectable" option when you used boolprop testing........ cheat so you would make a sim selectable that's not even in the family? Well is there any way you can do that in the Sims 3?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:35 am
Roomie
Roomie

Post Re: Make Selectable?
Yes.
Open up the cheat window the same way you would in the Sims 2, type in "testingcheatsenabled true"(without quotations) then shift click on your Sim of choice. An option should come up in the pie menu that says "add to family",click that. That sim should now be a part of your house hold. :]

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:44 am
Roomie
Roomie

THeamazingrodent wrote:
Yes.
Open up the cheat window the same way you would in the Sims 2, type in "testingcheatsenabled true"(without quotations) then shift click on your Sim of choice. An option should come up in the pie menu that says "add to family",click that. That sim should now be a part of your house hold. :]

I know that you can add that person to the family, but I don't want the sim to be in the family forever.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:49 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Adoril wrote:
THeamazingrodent wrote:
Yes.

I know that you can add that person to the family, but I don't want the sim to be in the family forever.

AwesomeMod (i know, i know) enables the SelectSim cheat when holding alt. what you can do is make sure that another person from that household is over, and click that option, now they are selectable and part of the family. Next, when you are done with the out of household sim, click "Select Sim" on the other household member, and then click "Add to Household" on the sim that went into the other household. Its harder in this game, and is more like juggling households. I thought there was another way in the debug options, but guess not.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Amy
I seem to have issues sometimes with the selectsim option from awesomemod, I've had it crash my game out twice, and have also had it glitch both families out by doing so. But I think it is the only option to make a sim selectable, at least that I know of :/

Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:32 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

What I do is add them to family then when I'm done go into edit neighborhood and split them up.I move the friend to the clipboard then place him back in his house.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:11 am
Roomie
Roomie

sharkloverplayer wrote:
What I do is add them to family then when I'm done go into edit neighborhood and split them up.I move the friend to the clipboard then place him back in his house.

Or you can do this .... if you don't want that sim that you selected have no ties of being in that family, put that sim in the bin that you have selected, and it will erase all family & friends. And if you want to change his/her name, head on down to the court house and change their last name.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:36 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Bobbo662 wrote:
sharkloverplayer wrote:

Or you can do this .... if you don't want that sim that you selected have no ties of being in that family, put that sim in the bin that you have selected, and it will erase all family & friends. And if you want to change his/her name, head on down to the court house and change their last name.

I don't want to do that thou because that sim loses his friends and the sim I had add him to family would have to make friends with him again.I've gotten use to the add to family/edit neighborhood/split up household thing.I actually use this cheat a lot.It's essential with friends because there isn't much friends can do togeather in this game.EA didn't use their heads and overlooked this feature.

The add to family cheat also lets you up the needs of the friend with testingcheatsenabled true you can raise their sliders or click on the mailbox.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]