View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Sims is to be "dramatically" changed 
Roomie
Roomie

Post Re: The Sims is to be "dramatically" changed
Hmm...sounds like the sims themselves like it says. I'm thinking a little more realistic as in, height, breast, hips, waist, behind, arm, legs, neck, shoulder sliders perhaps? The Sims have never had height or to be able to exactly create the character realistically (I don't mean anatomically correct with those details when I say realistic either, I'm sure the sims will remain T forever and I prefer it that way). Also the LN trailer, if it is true that EA is going to give us more freedom to express our creativity as in sliders for breast size and other options would make sense. It's something that has not been done yet and to me, that would be a drastic change. But it's just my speculation until EA actually confirms what they mean by the sims will change drastically.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:13 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I think it quite obviously has to do with what Rod Humble said that people would see behind closed doors at yesterday's conference: "We're taking Sims through space and time." or something like that.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Oh, I didn't hear/see of any conference so I'm just speaking in the dark. I guess so then. Do you have a link where I could read about it?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:22 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I don't have anywhere where you can read it, but I do have a link to a stream of it at GameSpot. It's in the beginning shortly after he brings Rod Humble on to stage. Here.

Nothing much is said beyond what I said, though.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Thanks. I wonder does that mean outer space on different planets such as the moon. Maybe this will be the 4th EP or later. Also it would make sense with the astronaut career. Aliens may be introduced this way.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I wonder if he's talking about EPs or the planning of games later in the franchise.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
in the press conference yesterday, they said that they were introducing a time aspect to the game.... but you had to go see it behind closed doors. if they add history imma be PISSED.... :happy:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:07 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Really, hm, I wonder what they could mean by that. For some reason that makes me miss memories from The Sims 2.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
I think its just gonna have a day,month,year (or 2 of the 3)
Sounds cool :)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Envious wrote:
I think it quite obviously has to do with what Rod Humble said that people would see behind closed doors at yesterday's conference: "We're taking Sims through space and time." or something like that.

Hmmm, without hearing the statement myself it sounds to me like they are going to let us use the time machine for real and not as a rabbit hole. I think it would be easy to do. They have three vacation destinations right now, so I think they could give us three time travel destinations. Say the medieval one which would go along with the reported rumors. Maybe one set in the future something like Star Trek, or a dome on the moon, and for a third one, maybe a cowboy theme where we would get some animals too.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I don't know what he means, but it really sounds cool!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:12 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Will Galen wrote:
Envious wrote:

Hmmm, without hearing the statement myself it sounds to me like they are going to let us use the time machine for real and not as a rabbit hole. I think it would be easy to do. They have three vacation destinations right now, so I think they could give us three time travel destinations. Say the medieval one which would go along with the reported rumors. Maybe one set in the future something like Star Trek, or a dome on the moon, and for a third one, maybe a cowboy theme where we would get some animals too.

Wow, you know, that is the first thing I read that actually clicked; you could absolutely be right about this! The time machine might be like a little hint at what they're working on.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I hope this whole adding time/history brings back memories. I miss the memories from Sims 2.

Before I got Sims 3 I was always thinking about how cool it would be to see what my other sims got up to when I wasn't playing them....but it's kinda hard to know what they're up to if they don't have memories...unless you actually see them in the neighborhood while they're doing it. :sad:

I'm thinking the adding "history" to the sims makes it sound like you can choose what time period for your neighborhood to be in, and technology, how sims act and what they're able to do changes depending on the time period you choose. As well as graphical changes...

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

If they do have history it may be good because we might find out what happens to bella..... :shift:

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:50 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Djdevin10 wrote:
If they do have history it may be good because we might find out what happens to bella..... :shift:

she was raped by aliens and is now the mother of 20 alien/humanoid children. Duh? :gig:

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Leah
Will Galen wrote:
Dramatically change the Sims?

I would say it would be a big change if you could play as a sim. It other words you don't direct the sim, you are the sim.

I don't think I would like that though.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be much harder to control more than one sim though. :/

The whole timeline thing sounds pretty legit, or the month/year thing. They could definitely add seasons and weather if they chose to do that as well. I miss that Sims 2 EP...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:19 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Zangief wrote:
Will Galen wrote:
Dramatically change the Sims?

I would say it would be a big change if you could play as a sim. It other words you don't direct the sim, you are the sim.

I don't think I would like that though.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be much harder to control more than one sim though. :/

The whole timeline thing sounds pretty legit, or the month/year thing. They could definitely add seasons and weather if they chose to do that as well. I miss that Sims 2 EP...

I don't really get this, you'll always be "controlling the sim" you'll never "be" the sim unless you create a copy of yourself and even then you still won't be the sim anymore than you already are.

Even if you were the sim you'd still direct it though...

I don't think it would be that interesting a change, they'd be better off making the next generation bigger like a country and getting rid of rabbitholes completely. They have something pretty good going on with Sims 3 atm it's just not perfect. No doubt they'll have to innovate and make a mess though. :(

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Controlling a sim directly isn't a 'dramatical' change, as that was done before in the console version of TS2 (I think)....

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
hunter wrote:
Djdevin10 wrote:

she was raped by aliens and is now the mother of 20 alien/humanoid children. Duh? :gig:

That happened to me last wednesday!! :nod:

As for the new approach to sims, its all too missiony and objectivy for my liking, which is why i'm back on ts2 for now ;]

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Charlie wrote:
hunter wrote:
Djdevin10 wrote:

Quote:
That happened to me last wednesday!! :nod:

Total Bummer. Hope you feel Better. :wink:

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next