View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Next EP.. (Rumours) 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post The Next EP.. (Rumours)
This is just a rumours thread... Anyways, if you haven't already, visit this link; it will catch you up on some of the rumours:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33948

Here are my thoughts judging from the survey...

I am surprised that the survey is alluding to the next EP being a magic based one, and honestly, I don't like it.

I don't like the fact that (I am not including famous sims or sims that will be magical) sims don't really have enough features to play with on their own. I feel like partying (with LN), some interactive careers (ambitions), and going on an adventure (which most people tend to hate (I don't get why)) isn't enough to play with before we move onto magic.

I want a University and/or a Seasons EP before we move onto magic so that our muggle sims have more to do. Magical sims are a whole new ball game and if that is the main focus, then I doubt that normal sims will be given a lot of new features which is something that I want first.

Magic is a big deal. It should be an extensive system like TS1 Makin' Magic. TS2 AL kind of swept the whole Magic system under the rug so to speak. TS2 Magic was handled in a cheesy, effortless way in my opinion. So I'm really concerned about the magic-ness that the survey is alluding to because I think that it could be a bad system unless it returns to its TS1 Makin' Magic roots and fleshes out those ideas.

Your thoughts?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: The Next EP.. (Rumours)
You said exactly what I would have, The Sims don't need magic... yet.

Makin' Magic was the last Expansion Pack for TS1 and I felt it was the icing on the cake to complete the whole first series. TS2 ran it's course without any magic until the last Expansion Pack, and even then I didn't think it was necessary. TS2 was really the most interesting series because of the EPs, Open for Business, Seasons, Pets, Nightlife etc... They are the kind of add-ons TS3 needs.

Introduce a mystical themed pack near the finish line, but give us more everyday themes that will flesh out our Sims' lives first. We don't want the same EPs however, we want Seasons, but with a twist, new scenarios such as hurricanes, floods, and snow days. :snow: If it's raining, Sims should walk along the street with an umbrella, or else they get the "soaked" moodlet. :idea:

With a Pets EP, they could actually allow our Sims to take their dogs for walks on leads, add a training centre in town where Sims can take their problematic pups, also a dog grooming salon. Of course introduce far more pets this time too. :hi5:

TS3 would benefit from so many new everyday features that blend into normal gameplay, not take away from it such as Ambitions or World Adventures.

Seasons will arrive though, they have hinted at it many times, let's just hope they don't ruin the series with RPG type EPs that we seem to be getting now. :stare:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:04 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I agree with all of the above. Magic just isn't needed, yet. I feel like it will throw off the series, and possibly ruin future expansions. If the game serves true, they kind of leave the best for last. Magic may not be the BEST, but I, too, believe it should be last.

I would go into what I want twisted from old EPs, but jonny159 just listed them exactly how I would of. What I will do, is show how the current EPs are like old ones.

World Adventures: This is TS2 Bon Voyage and TS1 Vacation with the huge adventure theme added. They took away the basic family element of going on vacation, and even left room for a future vacation themed EP (probably not)

Ambitions: A mix of TS2 OFB, and a completely new breed of jobs. I haven't played either WA or AMB, but they really do look amazing (more so in AMB), and I'm glad that EA integrated features the way they did.

I have Late Night, and only have dove so far into it. From what I've seen, it's TS2 Night Life & TS1 Superstar put together, with an all over new type of gameplay, the city. They REALLY did a nice job on the city, from the few hours i played it yesterday. The Celebrity system looks awesome, from my opinion. I'm yet to play it more, so I might not have the best opinion.

But I completely agree. Every EP can be reused, but they need to throw a twist at it. I really like how they are going so far. (Except for Fast Lane. WhoTF would want that?! Did any of you get that?!)

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:26 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

World Adventures was a blast, but you can't play with more than one Sim that well, it would have suited a console spin-off much better.

Ambitions is cool, however it has the same dynamic as World Adventures in that it is too much to juggle with more than one Sim.

I haven't got Late Night, but I will be.

Fast Lane Stuff looks pointless, I won't be getting it. Outdoor Living Stuff seems more useful for my Sims in the long term.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I have all of the EP's and SP's because The Sims is my meth.

Fast Lane was okay... I loved some of the cars. Adventuring and Ambitions are definitely opportunities based EP's and like it was mentioned before, it was hard to juggle more than two sims that are using those EP's features.

For WA, because I wanted to have my sims travel to the locations for a vacation, I did create some clubs for each location. It does make a bit of a difference because you'll have your sims partying it up with the locals.

IMO, LN is the only EP that they released that isn't so opportunity based. It actually changes the way you play your sims' everyday lives. And that's why I love that EP. Sometimes I find myself playing my sims directly from home all the time so it's nice to get my sims out of the house to just drink and party.

But yeah, I think that Magic is best left as the last EP. If they did do a magic EP earlier then they might have trouble programming the EP's after it so that magic doesn't interfere with that EP's content. A magic EP being released right now is a bad idea. Right now, I think that the best EP that EA could release next is either a seasons EP.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
The survey isn't alluding to a magic EP at all, really. It's simply asking whether we'd like magic as an add-on feature on The Sims Store, as they've included the ability to make products from the store give additional gameplay, therefore allowing the player to download magic objects but without the need of EPs. This could mean that you can buy magic objects without having to buy an entire Expansion, and therefore no full EP would be needed, and magic would just be an option, not compulsory.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Lestrange wrote:
The survey isn't alluding to a magic EP at all, really. It's simply asking whether we'd like magic as an add-on feature on The Sims Store, as they've included the ability to make products from the store give additional gameplay, therefore allowing the player to download magic objects but without the need of EPs. This could mean that you can buy magic objects without having to buy an entire Expansion, and therefore no full EP would be needed, and magic would just be an option, not compulsory.

Expansion packs were never compulsory.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

~ərry wrote:
Lestrange wrote:

Yeah, thats what i thought more about for that survay. It will be a LONG time before we hear anything about the next EP.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:30 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Logan
I kinda feel like TS2 never really ended with a bang. Apartment Life was cool, and it made me scream for joy, but I felt like Makin' Magic just gave me this warm feeling that made me satified the original Sims series was coming to a close.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I hope the next EP isn't magic-based. When I skimmed through the survey I was a little surprised to see so many things that seemed related to magic or "enchanted" (but then again I only skimmed through it - I'm tired and my brain can't handle too much reading right now). I have no interest in an EP where magic is the main feature. Something like Apartment Life where they had witches was okay because I just never played on them, but a whole EP centered around magic would disappoint me. I would actually be surprised though if they did release one like that, I assume that to make it more widely appealing, magic would just be a side feature in an EP.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Lola001 wrote:
I hope the next EP isn't magic-based. When I skimmed through the survey I was a little surprised to see so many things that seemed related to magic or "enchanted" (but then again I only skimmed through it - I'm tired and my brain can't handle too much reading right now). I have no interest in an EP where magic is the main feature. Something like Apartment Life where they had witches was okay because I just never played on them, but a whole EP centered around magic would disappoint me.

Same here. Although, I wouldn't mind a Magic based EP eventually, personally. It just isn't anything I care about at the moment. We need the Seasons EP first!

I couldn't care less about magic or anything else for that matter until Seasons is here because it has always been important to me. I was sad it was never in The Sims 1, and in The Sims 2 I can't live without installing it. The Sims 3, well everytime I play it I'm thinking how much it needs Seasons.

Have these surveys ever determined the next Expansion Pack, though? One would think that they're well in development with the next Expansion Pack at this point. In fact, I'm hoping it will be leaked from a store any day now.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I want Seasons and Pets. Thats about my needs. I am, though, really excited for the other 3. Any the posibility that there will be more than 8 EPs!

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:58 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The next Expansion Pack has probably been in production for the last month, so it's almost certain they have agreed on a theme already. I doubt we will hear anything until the new year, maybe February.

I will be surprised in a way, if it is a Seasons EP, mainly because they seem to be going down another route with The Sims 3. I was taken a back quite severally by World Adventures being the first EP, and confused with Ambitions being the second, they both seemed pointless in my eyes. However, Late Night (having not played it yet) seems more like what we're used to.

Just prepare yourselves for the possibility of a goal orientated, RPG, Expansion Pack though, or something equally as useless.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

jonny159 wrote:
The next Expansion Pack has probably been in production for the last month, so it's almost certain they have agreed on a theme already. I doubt we will hear anything until the new year, maybe February.

Why? Wasn't The Sims 3 Ambitions released in June of 2010? I don't remember when exactly Late Night was leaked from a store but it must have been sometime within at least a month or two's proximity. I mean, the EP was announced in early August.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I think the next EP should be around in April and it should be about farming and it would include seasons and farm animals. Just my prediction XD

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Okay it does make more sense that these magical items would be in the store. But I just don't feel that magic is just a store item; I feel that Magic does need its own EP just to flesh out the theme.

Regardless, I am hoping for Seasons or University next.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
~ərry wrote:
Lestrange wrote:

I meant for people who want all of the expansion packs, but won't want the magic feature. I had the complete box set of The Sims and I hated the fact that Makin' Magic was last and therefore whenever my game loaded it had the magical theme thrust upon it more prominently.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Lestrange wrote:
~ərry wrote:
Lestrange wrote:

I meant for people who want all of the expansion packs, but won't want the magic feature. I had the complete box set of The Sims and I hated the fact that Makin' Magic was last and therefore whenever my game loaded it had the magical theme thrust upon it more prominently.

Well in that case it is more their problem than the producer's. If I wanted to make a game about magic, I'll do it, if people say they hate magic, I'll still develop it, there are many other people who will like it than that small group.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
I seriously doubt they'd send out spoilers this early, and I also doubt it's a magic EP. Magic would be wayyy too early for me, it was the last EP of TS1, a feature in the last EP of TS2, so hopefully it'll be near the end to TS3.

I am Electra Heart.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:27 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

You will ALL hate me for this but....

I want NEW EP's for The Sims 3, i mean sure, bring back all the old stuff, but we need WAY more new stuff. Seriously, how long have we had the same stuff, 2 Series Eh? Hey, i think its time for A Few new Things, Seriously. this is just getting annoying to me that we only got 2 new things with the sims 2. i want to see an Huge Lifespan with the Sims 3 (7 years, Graphics seem good enough to last that long, but then again, graphics arent key) With the last 3 years being the ones that Introduce New Stuff.

And when it comes to Old Stuff being Remade, Yes, Make Magic Last (with pets, unless you fix their need for constant attention!).

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next