View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 What's with the lack of _____? 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Shanna
Post What's with the lack of _____?
Basically I guess we could all mention the things that there are a lack of these days for the sims 3.
I've been gone a long time, but I figure it'd be nice coming back here since my login is working again.

But, is it just me or is there a lack of mods and etc lately? I remember going to mod the sims and there being so much stuff.
I even was puzzled to find Awesomemod being behind until I found out how to get the test version running. Am I just missing where things have gone or is it really that quiet these days?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: What's with the lack of _____?
First of all, welcome back Larku!

And secondly, I suppose it's because there's not much to mod right now... since it's all been done... of course there's XML tuning mods, but people think those are easy and people can do them normally.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:27 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I suppose that modders could release mods that fix major bugs with the game. Such as error 12. But how much fun is that lol?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Welcome back, Larku! I was wondering where the hell you went. XD

I completely agree, the modding community is so quiet, I always have to go to WCIF if I want to find mods, because it's not all on MTS, it's all spread out. Most modders have their own blogspots/websites nowadays, which makes it really annoying to find stuff.

I am Electra Heart.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Jawsh wrote:
Welcome back, Larku! I was wondering where the hell you went. XD

I completely agree, the modding community is so quiet, I always have to go to WCIF if I want to find mods, because it's not all on MTS, it's all spread out. Most modders have their own blogspots/websites nowadays, which makes it really annoying to find stuff.

Yeah, that's probably why I can't find them. The only places I went to were MATY and MTS. MTS is just so quiet and a lot of useless features there, or at least for my needs.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:42 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
OHHAYAGAIN Larku! :)

Also you'll find that modders just do one MASSIVE fix like awsomemod, rather than lots of smaller ones :)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Yeah, I found a bunch of mods by NRaas that I'm trying out. It turns out that Awesomemod's Story thingie is high processing or so I read... so I'm trying out NRaas' but, I'm not noticing much of a difference.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:55 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I like Awesome mod's way better. I, too, have been trying out some NRass mods. I do 't know. It's not a fair competition because I've been using Awesome mod from just about Day 1. I just like the cluttered commandline (CheT box) style configuration better. The NRass boxes are a bit hard to adjust to. Not sure if I'll keep them.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:28 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to get the whole town to quit telling me every single thing. I like the menu and how you can adjust the settings from within easier than on Awesomemod. Their both good though.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I miss some classics like the pool table, the above ground hot tub, changing table & bathing your babies/toddlers, pinball machine, group activities(like charades and myshuno), more activities in general(how about a board game for the family to play at the table? that's such a "duh" idea. *knockknock* Generations) as well as venues like restaurants, bowling alleys, clothing stores, etc. (*knockknock* Late Night. hehe)

I like Awesome mod over NRaas because of how AM handles story progression and your game in general. I have a few of NRaas like Overwatch, Master Controller, Register, Relativity, & Woohooer, but AM takes the cake for how it handles the game, at least for my tastes! I actually remember liking how Nraas handled tagging sims in map view with the different colors. And like Swaat said, Nraas is over stuffed with options to the point of being too overwhelming to go through it all with each of his mods and set it up the way you want it.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:04 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Profplumbob wrote:
I miss some classics like the pool table, the above ground hot tub, changing table & bathing your babies/toddlers, pinball machine, group activities(like charades and myshuno), more activities in general(how about a board game for the family to play at the table? that's such a "duh" idea. *knockknock* Generations) as well as venues like restaurants, bowling alleys, clothing stores, etc. (*knockknock* Late Night. hehe)

I miss all those things as well!! I really liked being able to bath the babies and toddlers and having a changing table to change dirty diapers... it made that life stage seem more realistic and the more things my sims can do with their babies, the better. Now they just lay around and need to be fed once in a while. I also miss the pool table and venues that aren't rabbit holes. What's the point of having an open neighborhood if my sims have nothing to do once they leave the house?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
@Prof: Oh my god, everytime one of my sims has a child I'm always looking for the bathing in sink and tub options.. and they never appear.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:23 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
I don't think the game really lacks anything but there is alot of stuff thats comming back in with each expansion and stuff pack. we just gotta take stuff as it comes I guess.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Scryer wrote:
I suppose that modders could release mods that fix major bugs with the game. Such as error 12. But how much fun is that lol?

A LOT of fun for the people encountering the error I imagine.

How does AM story progression work? I remember I didn't like it because sims wouldn't have children unless there was enough cots and I couldn't be bothered adding tons of cots to the neighbourhood houses.

I use Nrass but it's a bit annoying having to download all seperate modules and then trying to navigate the menus afterwards.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]