View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Sims 3 on console Discussion 
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Ben
Post The Sims 3 on console Discussion
Its finally been confirmed. What are your thoughts?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: The Sims 3 on console Discussion
Meh... that's my thought.

Some games are better on consoles, some better on PC. The Sims is one of those games that is better on PC.

Actually where did you read this, because everywhere I read it just says it's a rumor and that it has NOT been confirmed.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:41 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Little-V wrote:
Actually where did you read this, because everywhere I read it just says it's a rumor and that it has NOT been confirmed.

Snooty Sims wrote:
Sims on console
No big surprise really but now it's officially mentioned by EA boss John Riccitiello that there will be Sims on console this fiscal year. No details about it yet though.
Read more about it here: Computerandvideogames.com

If its good enough for Snooty to post, its good enough for me.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Odd, the only "confirmed" date I saw was sometime in October 2010, which is not the fiscal year. Then again I don't believe any rumors until they are posted on the Sims website. We've all learned that rumored release dates are almost never correct. (Actually, they haven't once been correct so far with the Sims 3) I'm not a fan of Sims games on console though, they never seem to do very well compared to the PC version.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I thoroughly enjoy the console versions of the sims. It is a nice change from the PC versions for me, focusing on progressing through the story of the character and watching it unfold as opposed to the open-ended fashion of the PC games.

Of course then again, because of the the PC versions have much more replay value.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

mitchmacca92 wrote:
I thoroughly enjoy the console versions of the sims. It is a nice change from the PC versions for me, focusing on progressing through the story of the character and watching it unfold as opposed to the open-ended fashion of the PC games.

Of course then again, because of the the PC versions have much more replay value.

The Sims (1) for console had an open ended game mode from what i remember.

It was okay but lacked having actual families, and had a one story limit, but it was only a slight step down from the original sims.

None the less, it was open ended and had pretty much all the features of the base game, as far as I know.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The Hammer wrote:

The Sims (1) for console had an open ended game mode from what i remember.

They have all had an open ended type of gameplay, most particularly Pets was open ended with just a small aspect of a goal system. My point is that the console games are aimed at providing a pre-determined story very much like the 'Stories' product line.

Of course this did not work for a lot of sims players who do not typically play games yet play The Sims because of the high creative aspect creating your own stories with characters you create.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

The only way the game will work on a console is if they have as much of the freedom you have on the PC version. I remember how sucky it was playing Sims 2 on my playstation to, you were very limited, the sims wouldnt age or die (well in the convential sense) You didn't feel as if you were achieving anything. Once your sims got to the top of his career, you couldnt do much more except get another job and go to the top of that career. Okay I must admint, story mode was quite fun in Sims 2, but somehow it lacked. Also I didn't like the version of similish they used in the console version, they just did not sound right to me.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 am

Name: Jock
Its going to suck! :/

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

JockDude15 wrote:
Its going to suck! :/

....don't buy it then.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I've played a few console version and they were just okay. I really love bustin out for some reason. I'll still bust that out from time to time. The graphics always kind of bugged me and the sims looked goofy. So if they improve on that then... yeah I totally lost where I was going.
I played the sims 2 console version for all of an hour. I really hated it. The first one was pretty dull and it was really hard to keep up on broken light bulbs and everything else in it.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

LiquidDiamonds82 wrote:
The first one was pretty dull and it was really hard to keep up on broken light bulbs and everything else in it.

Oh don't remind me about those broken light bulbs. The sims had serious power issues in that game within about 3 days all the lights in the house would be busted.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:41 am
Laser Jesus
Laser Jesus

Name: Josh
Roleplay: Carla McGee
If they could do it in the style of TS2 Console, that would be great.

The cursor isn't the same on consoles :no:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

The console version won't be perfect till our sims can go on community lots,have 2 story houses and have alll the interactions that they have on the pc version.

This is a new generation of consoles so who knows maybe they can do all that stuff and you could download stuff from the sony store or xbox live.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:01 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
Lets hope they go a step forward not backwards. :/
I LOVED the Sims 1 on the Console, Bustin' out was also very fun as was Urbz...
Sims 2 console on the other hand :indifferent:

I'd love a Bustin' out version, with traits to set your social group? Kickass. Lmao

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
come hither
come hither

I remember the sims 1 on consoles entertained me. But for the most part the console versions just seem stripped. THe only thing they have up on the pcs is theey have a lot of fun items to start with. Whereas the pc version only has a few to start because they add more in eps.

But like in the sims 2 version you can only have 4 sims in a house, no babies can be made, and sims didn't age. But why can't the pc version have fun objects like trampolines and surf simulators.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Justin much? wrote:
But why can't the pc version have fun objects like trampolines and surf simulators.

Well the series as a whole is centred around novelty value, moreso in the console and handheld versions. Things such as nudeist complex', surf simulators and outragous interactions are all part of making the console version seem fresh and differing from the PC version. Another good example is the goal oriented game play or the cooking scheme which was added in the console version of TS2 which was a way of making the game seem worth while, it was different.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

well i ant gonna lie... ima prolly get it...... i see most of yall have already played some of dem console versions but as for me i only know ts2 on the psp and ts2 castaway ... and well thy where fun... i aint gonna lie its sukd not being able to have kids or age, and with that i got bored but not all that fast. but the games seemd almost completey different ... as for ts3 i hope itll have more like aging and kids and stuff but with comppletely new gameplay like with a storie.... kinda like sims stories... wher u pass it and then u can also play free play... hmmm im sure the gamplay wil b at least somewat better since they only gonna make it for the PS3 AND 360

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

To be fair, it hasn't exactly been "confirmed" just yet. Only mentioned by EA that it may be coming in the next fiscal year.

As the game is being made by the same guys who created the first console game for The Sims, I have high hopes for it! If they put their minds to it, they could really tap into the full power of the PS3 and 360 to build a stunning seamless neighbourhood and Sims that have similar personalities to the PC version.

I don't think they will include ageing or two story houses as they haven't done before, however they may pull it off.

I'll be looking forward to this though! :drool:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Ryan
I think it would do very well on console. I mean, it has been years sence they have released a sims game (other than mysims) on console, and new game systems are out now. The new game systems are set up alot like PC's, and that means they can do alot of things that PC's can, so the game might be alot like the PC version. If that is the case, more hard core gamers who don't play PC games might buy it. I am very excited to see what happens, and I know I will most likely buy it for console.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next