View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Sims 3 on console Discussion 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: The Sims 3 on console Discussion
Hey, can someone post the link to where this was confirmed? I am sorta.. behind.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=231249

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Hmm.. Interesting. I hope they make it good, like Urbs or living it up, so that my generation can get a taste of the gold we missed :silly:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 am
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Jamie
I liked Bustin Out for playstation, maybe if the did a console sims 3 game like that, i would play it any whatever lol :-)

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:41 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

EA has confirmed the console verison is coming out in the third quarter of 2011. They also mentioned an unnamed sims title. I got my info from simoperations.com.

Copied link
EA’s 2010 Fiscal Year Report – New Spore/MySims/The Sims 3 Console Titles
Posted by ConnorJack on 8th February 2010 at 21:39pm in MySims News, Spore News, The Sims 3 News Do we have some great news for you today! EA has just announced it’s 2010 fiscal report and it’s plans for 2011’s key releases including: unnamed Spore, MySims, Sims and The Sims 3 on Console titles. A new console/handheld MySims title is planned for the second quarter whilst another new PC/handheld Spore title is planned for the forth quarter. However, The Sims 3 for console has been announced for the third quarter! Finally, a new un-named Sims title has also been scheduled. This could be a possible new add-on, stuff pack or expansion pack. Only time can tell. Discuss this massive news in the comments. Tip from SimCookie

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:48 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Swatme101 wrote:
Hmm.. Interesting. I hope they make it good, like Urbs or living it up, so that my generation can get a taste of the gold we missed :silly:

your generation??
if you're 14 then i'm pretty sure you coulda played the previous console games :P
URBZ RULED :]

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I was really into the URBZ when it came out because I was into The Black Eyed Peas who were big at that time.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Swatme101 wrote:

That's just made me feel really old... I bought TS1 when it was released, I'm ancient! :faint:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

jonny159 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

That's just made me feel really old... I bought TS1 when it was released, I'm ancient! :faint:

LOL don't feel bad. I got SimCity4 not too long after it was released. I could have bought maybe The Sims 2 when it released. I mean, I was 5 when TS1 was released soo.. But hey, my sister was playing it! And i got into TS2 late 2005 early 2006. So, only a few years off :)
chaz_g wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

your generation??
if you're 14 then i'm pretty sure you coulda played the previous console games :P
URBZ RULED :]

When was it released? I have no idea lol

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I love the Urbz. I actually just discovered it. I recently got it for super cheap at EB Games.
That game is soooooo fun!

I would love for the Sims 3 to make an expansion that is similar to the Urbz concept.

With that being said, I think the Sims 3 on console could be fun. I already know I will buy it!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

SimFanatic80 wrote:
I love the Urbz. I actually just discovered it. I recently got it for super cheap at EB Games.

I would love for the Sims 3 to make an expansion that is similar to the Urbz concept.

I think that could really work on the PC, with some modifications. It would really span out the whole popularity aspect of the game and add the possibility to further steroetype sims, im just not sure to what extent that would remain a positive thing.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

mitchmacca92 wrote:
SimFanatic80 wrote:

I think that could really work on the PC, with some modifications. It would really span out the whole popularity aspect of the game and add the possibility to further steroetype sims, im just not sure to what extent that would remain a positive thing.

I hear you on that, but truthfully the Sims are already stereotyped. Even in Sims 3. They portray a variety of different subcultures. They always have.
Looking at Sims 3 alone, you can observe this with the hairstyles, clothing, and store items from the Sims 3 store. In the game, you have the punk rock hair styles, the b-boy hairstyles with the baseball cap and bandana, the mohawk, the headbands, and ect. The Gothic style sets from the Store portray another subculture. Much of these same styles and elements were also presented in the Urbz.

If they could make an expansion pack that allowed for an urban dwelling thats not exactly like the Urbz but some of its concept, to me that would be so much fun. The expansion could be a combination of NightLife, Hot Date, Apartment Life, and Urbz rolled into one. Only better because now we have the open world.

Since it would be for PC, it may mean many buildings and skyscrapers being rabbitholes. But as long as they have plenty of social environments and destinations for our Sims to visit then it would work very well.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Swat, it came out in 2004. You can do the maths for what age you woulda been. But i remeber preordering it! haha!

I want them to make a second one so bad =[

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Ben
Urbz for DS was a fun sims based rpg like game never got passed the semetary thing though.

A while ago I found this good fan made TS2 boxart for wii

*tried to post it using the img code but the image is too big to post that way

sharkloverplayer wrote:
The console version won't be perfect till our sims can go on community lots,have 2 story houses and have alll the interactions that they have on the pc version.

This is a new generation of consoles so who knows maybe they can do all that stuff and you could download stuff from the sony store or xbox live.

There DLC on wii too now, and I'm wondering if they might develop it for project Natal

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

chaz_g wrote:
Swat, it came out in 2004. You can do the maths for what age you woulda been. But i remeber preordering it! haha!

I want them to make a second one so bad =[

Hmm.. i was 8. Well, i think it was still a long time ago.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:09 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

They could make the console version close to the PC version easily with the PS3 and 360, but they'd have to have a watered down version for the Wii. It will be sad if they don't use the next generation consoles power for the right things, I mean a seamless neighbourhood would look beautiful on the PS3. :drool:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:43 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Brianna
I loved the Urbz and The Sims 1 on Console, however I thought the Sims 2 on console was a total flop. If they can either make the story line like Urbz or the gameplay like The Sims 1 on console, then I'd definitely buy it. The problem I see with the console games is that sim children don't grow up, they don't have a lot of career options, there's no pregnancy, and it just overall lacks the tradition Sims feel.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

In the July issue of Nintendo Power, there's an article about TS3 on the Wii and the DS. The screenshots from the DS version look predictably crappy, but the Wii one isn't bad. The largest picture in the article isn't a screenshot AFAIK. Anyway, it mentions that Sims will be able to swim in the ocean and build a houseboat. The multi-player feature doesn't appeal to me, though.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Quote:
Anyway, it mentions that Sims will be able to swim in the ocean and build a houseboat.
No fricken fair. >.<

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
hunter wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, it mentions that Sims will be able to swim in the ocean and build a houseboat.
No fricken fair. >.<

I agree, this is so fucking unfair. I hate it when one part of anything gets a special exclusive.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next