View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Sims is to be "dramatically" changed 
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: The Sims is to be "dramatically" changed
Little-V wrote:
Vəntus wrote:
I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D in the IMAX cinema we have here in Qatar, it looked no different than the movie without 3D-support, except that it had film grain and was 25% red and cyan.

Wait, with the old red/cyan glasses? I didn't even think they did that anymore. They didn't have the special clear IMAX glasses/goggles things?
The lenses looked black-ish but I still could see red and cyan in them when watching the movie.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

In that case it must have been the old method which they used to use in the 80s which is very outdated because they do not use red/cyan anymore.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Maybe you have an eye problem then. Lots of people have problems with 3D because of their eyes. Anyway, sort of on topic, I did see something in one of the Dutch or Russian previews of Ambitions that said something about the Sims in 3D, but I thought it was just something crazy with the crappy translation. I'll see if I can find it again.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
heehee their converting titanic to 3D :bouncy: :spin: :yikes:

Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I've seen two 3D movies at the theater in the last year (what can I say; I don't get out much) and the first, "Up," while a great movie, didn't seem to benefit much from the 3D technology. But a few weeks ago I saw "How To Train Your Dragon" and was blown away. At one point the child I was with and I were reaching out because it really looked like ash was floating down on us.

But I digress. Hmmm, Sims to be "dramatically changed," what could that mean? I'm sure what I think is dramatic and what EA considers dramatic are two different things. Note they said "changed" and not "updated." More hmmmmmmm.

Thu May 27, 2010 7:03 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm gonna say that it's going to be an online version. TSO flopped, maybe they've got some big ideas.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
Perhaps theres going to be a Sims Movie or like people said before maybe they might try to make a totally online sims world once agian. who knows? I always take things with a grain of salt until EA tells us more for sure.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:34 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm hoping they'll add some sort of timeline to the game, that the world evolves with every generation and more option become available (like more modern furniture, or first there is no plumbing and electricity, after some generations you can buy toilets and basic electrical stuff).

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Andijvie wrote:
I'm hoping they'll add some sort of timeline to the game, that the world evolves with every generation and more option become available (like more modern furniture, or first there is no plumbing and electricity, after some generations you can buy toilets and basic electrical stuff).

I would consider this a part of an entirely different game series. Sims Generations or Sims Evolved or something. Btw, my Sims already have potty issues. No plumbing = ugh.

Although the idea of the rumored Sims Midieval is fascinating, I am painfully reminded of how boring those time periods had to be to live in. Most people were focused on just surviving...or paying most of their profits to a king. Spinoff so I can try it, sure. Redesigning the entire Sims line so I'm forced to deal with it? No thx. Which wasn't exactly your point, I was just reminded of the connection. XD

It's so radical that I wouldn't even know what to think. Reminds me of Spore. In a bad way.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:12 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Latoya
i dont like the 3D things either i hope they dont do it it just wouldnt be the same when you start to get tired it would just give you head ache. :no:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:08 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I'm assuming it's the Medieval thing?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:08 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Nocturne'sRequiem wrote:
Andijvie wrote:

I would consider this a part of an entirely different game series. Sims Generations or Sims Evolved or something. Btw, my Sims already have potty issues. No plumbing = ugh.

Although the idea of the rumored Sims Midieval is fascinating, I am painfully reminded of how boring those time periods had to be to live in. Most people were focused on just surviving...or paying most of their profits to a king. Spinoff so I can try it, sure. Redesigning the entire Sims line so I'm forced to deal with it? No thx. Which wasn't exactly your point, I was just reminded of the connection. XD

It's so radical that I wouldn't even know what to think. Reminds me of Spore. In a bad way.

I think it is better suited as a spin off as well, and I also think it can go really bad, so I'm hoping it doesn't :P The idea kinda fascinates me, I'd love to see a town evolving through time, starting off with just some really simple huts and having to survive by growing your own foods or earning a living like a hunter or something. But it could become really boring if there isn't any incentive to keep on going. But I really think it has potential, I'm hoping EA can make it work (if they'll try).

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Probably just a new expansion pack. |:

Sims has already been 'dramatically' changed with Sims 3, so it can't be dramatically changed again, unless they were to update the graphics, clay and make it so there aren't any bugs. Oh and of course, bring the old feel back to it that kept me on my toes for days on end.

Of course, now that EA have taken over, we won't get the old charm anymore, so I doubt anything big will happen. If it's '3D' I will freak. I don't give a damn about it being 3D, there's not much difference. If there is, it's probably your mind playing tricks on you. 3D is hardly noticeable.

I am Electra Heart.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Offtopic: I used to have trouble with the red/blue glasses because of my eyes... I am colourblind but also wear glasses... With the new 3D its fine.. thought that could be because my eyes are getting dramatically better

Back on topic, i imagine they'll do something like GTA expansion pack or something ¬_¬

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

chaz_g wrote:
Offtopic: I used to have trouble with the red/blue glasses because of my eyes... I am colourblind but also wear glasses... With the new 3D its fine.. thought that could be because my eyes are getting dramatically better

Back on topic, i imagine they'll do something like GTA expansion pack or something ¬_¬

hmm only more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMAqh1N29I <3

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i would absolutely love it to be online
as long as it was not monthly fee. if it was just pay and sign up then ur done

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
hunter wrote:
hmm only more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMAqh1N29I <3

Hahaha!
I've seen that before!! :D I love it :D

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:49 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

same! brightens my day. :spin:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:11 am

Dramatically change the Sims?

I would say it would be a big change if you could play as a sim. It other words you don't direct the sim, you are the sim.

I don't think I would like that though.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

The only drastic change I can think of is a game not full of bugs, random crashing, familes disappearing, blue holes appearing in the ground, games not saving along with all the other annoying bugs.

Now THAT would be drastic

Seriously though, I wonder if this dramatic change has anything to do with all this medieval sims news?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next