I may be putting the cart before the horse and even if we don't see these things in sims 3 we could see them in sims 4.
My ideas for the weather/holiday pack. New Year's
- End of winter just before spring.
- Could be a marker for anniversaries (married for such and such years), which sims can celebrate as well!
- PartiesValentines Day
- Springtime holiday.
- Get your sweetheart or hubby something to remind them how much you love them! (we have the gift option now in Generations but I still like to have something more official).
- Hopeless Romantics and Flirty sims will receive special moodlet/thrive on this day and if they don't receive a present/gift they can get a broken hearted moodlet for a little white.
- Hearts, candies, decorations!Earth Day/Arbor Day
- Summer holiday.
- For the green thumbs, special moodlet if they garden or buy tree/plants that day.
- Sims can give/receive special seeds for that day only.Mother's Day
- Spring/Summer holiday.
- Children can gift their mothers either homemade cookies/muffins or drawings.
- Teens can gift something more adult like jewelry or flowers (non-romance of course).Father's Day
- Summer holiday.
- Children can gift their fathers either homemade cookies/muffins or drawings.
- Teens can gift something more adult like electronics or something the father has been wanting. All Hollow's Eve
- Fall holiday.
- Children and teens can dress up and go trick or treating.
- Adult sims with the childish trait can also tag along.
- Evil/Mean sims will thrive on this day and have a special moodlet of scaring sims.
- Pumpkins, candies, and decorations suited to this holiday. Christmas
- Winter holiday.
- Excitable sims have trouble going to sleep on christmas eve.
- NPC Santa Claus can be seen going from house to house and presents appear beneath the tree.
- Sims can buy each other presents or homemake and gift them, placing them under the tree.
- Christmas tree, lights, decorum for this holiday. General weather effects:Spring
- Everything is blooming and coming back to life.
- NPC animals are in high abundance at this time.
- Pets that want to find mates are high at this time.Summer
- Regular BBQ and pool parties take over the community.
- Children and Teens get a small school break during the summer (week off).
- NPC animals are in abundance.Fall
- Leaves fall from the trees and sims have an option of raking/cleaning the yard up.
- Children and Teens can fall/play in the pile of leaves that the sim just raked up.
- Mischievous pets can also disrupt the neat leaf piles.
- Sims start sneezing and or coughing randomly and may potentially get the "sniffles" in which they feel under the weather for a few days unless they go to the hospital to receive medication.
- NPC animals are starting to become less.Winter
- Snow ball fights!
- Option to create snowmen and make snow angels.
- Shoveling clear the walkway can be left to the Teen or Adult.
- Random snow day where the community takes a break from work and the children and teens stay home instead of going to school.
- Can also get the "sniffles" during this part of the season as well.
- NPC animals are rare at this time.
That about sums it up for my ideas about Weather/Holiday edition. I'm pretty sure they'll break it up releasing the expansion of Weather and then follow it up by a Holiday pack or expansion.
Thanks for reading!