Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm
If the expansion after Seasons is the final one...
Lots of people keep speculating about what will be in the expansion after Seasons. I'm not sure it will be the last. Possibly, but the last expansions for Sims 1 and 2 were pretty last-minute, in terms of how soon the next phase of the franchise was out. So their final expansions didn't sell as well as they could, because people were eager for Sims 2, and then Sims 3.
So if it IS the last expansion, what do you want/expect to see in it?
I'd like to see it done sort of Generations style, adding lots of stuff that we've all been wanting. But not just little stuff--big stuff too, stuff that we wish they'd bring back from Sims 2 and new stuff entirely. Obviously I don't really think this is what they will do, but this is what I'd like to see.
• We get hotels, and we make any installed world into a vacation subneighborhood by placing said hotel. It would function like Twallan's Traveler mod, except you wouldn't need World Adventures to play it. Visas would not be required, and the maximum vacation would be 7 days. You would also be able to permanently move to any subneighborhood, except for the World Adventures ones.
• Shops, but not all workplaces, are now available as cash registers that can be placed in custom built lots. In addition to the standard Grocery, Bookstore, Pet Store, Consignment Store, etc., there is now a General Store or Supermarket that can sell anything. Players can now not only own them and hire/fire the manager, but also all of the other employees. Part-time employees working there can be followed to work, or you can let the "tone" you set for them choose how they work. Thus if you own a general store, you can choose what it sells. You could run a magic shop, for instance, that sells only potions, elixirs, and gemstones. Or a toy store. Or a store that sells inventions and sculptures. Or a store that sells fish and cars. It's up to you.
• In addition to day/night classes that anyone teen and up can take, there are now college/technical courses. A campus building may be added to town where young adult students can live, or it may be an entire subneighborhood. Adults and elders probably won't be able to live on campus, but can still sign up for and attend classes--full time or part time.
• Vending machines.
• Boat vehicles.
• Some general build-ons to previous expansions. For instance, carriages that can be pulled by horses so more than one Sim may use a horse for transportation. Or a pair of horses may be defaulted to the carriage if the player doesn't have the Pets expansion.
• A teaching career would be added, so that your Sim would start at the grade/high school and then move to the university as a professor--so actually you'd be attached to two different rabbitholes in your single career. The top of the career would be dean or president of the local university.
• Superhero/supervillain tracks would be added to the Law Enforcement and Criminal careers. Because flying to work was hilarious and I miss it.
• The Attorney/Law career from Sims 2 would return. Celebrities wanting to sue for slander would need to hire an attorney first, or else would make friends/enemies with attornies after leaving the courthouse. Criminals could call an attorney and go to court before jail.
So, what do you hope we're going to see in it? And do you think it will be the final expansion?