View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 The Sims 3: College Life or The Sims 3: Higher Education... 

THE SIMS 3: COLLEGE LIFE
Yes? 83%  83%  [ 29 ]
No? 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I'd prefer they do something original! 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 35

The Sims 3: College Life or The Sims 3: Higher Education... 

Name: Robert
Post The Sims 3: College Life or The Sims 3: Higher Education...
Okay; I'm probably a lameo nerd, but I LOVED The Sims 2: University. In fact after I played a bit of The Sims 3: World Adventures I got nostalgic and reinstalled The Sims 2. I just bought a new computer so it can handle both games, I'm so excited. Anyway it got me thinking of how much I'd love to see The Sims 3's spin on university as it could be a major upgrade. I mean the College feel could be much more realistic with The Sims 3. For example: the open world would be GREAT for a college campus, you could go to the library, grab a bite at the caf, or just hang out in the quad with Sim students running all over. The protesters could flock to the campus, because that's what we college kids do. Regarding housing: Sims could rent off campus apartments or live in the dorms similarly to The Sims 3 with one exception, you get to choose which type you live in: traditional double, triple, or suite style. There should also be more pressure in regards to work load because we don't just attend class and do our mid-term and suddenly have a 4.0 GPA. There should be more things we have to do like rush to the library to get the paper done and emailed to the professor by midnight like in real college. There should be the new age group, but it shouldn't be all that we're limited to as all kinds of people are going back to school these days. Like I'm probably a lameo nerd and probably the only one who would love to see The Sims 3 take on university life. What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Thoughts? Maybe if I wish really hard it will happen? :spin:

Leaborb192

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: The Sims 3: College Life or The Sims 3: Higher Education
I LOVED sims 2 University. But personally i'd rather they come up with something else this time round. Not because I didn't like it, but i'd like to see what else they could do :]

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I loved Sims 2: University as well and I really miss that aspect of the game in TS3. I love the idea of adding a Higher Education element and they could do something like the latest versions of the Game of Life board game, where some careers are only open to Sims with a university degree. For instance, to become a doctor, a sim would need to spend 4 "years" in university but to be in the business career, they would only need 2 "years". Or Uni sims could advance faster in their careers or maybe be able to get to higher levels. I like the idea of a bigger work load too, Sims only have classes for 2 - 3 hours a day seemed unrealistic. I'd like full 5 - 8 hour days. They did have term papers to write in Uni so they could keep that around too. I like the dorm or off-campus living ideas.

Do you think the University campus should be part of a regular town or should it be a separate place like in TS2? I think I'd like it to be part of the town so that the lives of the Uni sim's family would continue on while they're at school.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Name: Robert
Well I go to a community college right now which is in town and I hate ALL the people I go to school with, because they are all the same losers I went to high school with. I don't think the Sims have that problem, however. It'd be fun to have a separate map, but having the uni in the neighborhood could be cool because the Sims could also choose to live at home instead of in the dorms or apartments. It just adds a more realistic element as many people attend school, live at home and work part-(or full) time. But I'm glad someone agrees with me about adding University aspect to The Sims 3. I'm not at a Uni right now so I am living vicariously through the sim version of myself who by the way is living it up as a Psych major. Ooh that reminds, me if they do it, ADD MORE MAJORS! Seriously, is it so hard to have an education major w/o downloading mods?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I would <3 a Sims 3 Uni
It makes it so much easier to get a good job
I remember all the funny animations
like the dude who used to run streaking around campus
Teehe

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:22 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I so miss University. College Life would be even better in sims 3 since it's an open world now

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Popcornian
I don't think there will truly be college since there has never been beer as far as I know.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:11 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂ wrote:
I don't think there will truly be college since there has never been beer as far as I know.

"Juice" Kegs, which secretly lower the amount of relationship needed for romantic interations. :wink:

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

A college or University EP would be great to have again. I remember LOVING it in TS2.

We might have some age issues though since we have a young adult stage... For example, I don't want my sims to come out of college/university just to find that they only have 3 days of being a young adult left. I think maybe 12-15 days left would be decent on an average life span setting?

WIth that said, I think that a University EP should put your sims own life span "on pause" and when they come out of university, they come out with a decent amount of days left in their current lifespan. Because of this, sims in the central neighbourhood (like Riverview) would age half as fast since your current sims are comming out with a certain number of days left instead of aging normally. This would mean that a University Campus would need to be created as a separate neighbourhood that your teen/YA sims will move into. Also your sims have to be a YA in order to move into campus housing... Before I move on, my ideal University EP would have it so that if you moved your YA sim into university when they are 3 days old then after they graduate, their life span is "X" minus their current age; X = the age that they come out of university after they graduate/drop out if they were 0 days old as a YA.

In my opinion, your YA sims shouldn't be getting their degrees within a week so that's why I am suggesting a different aging system with them vs. the rest of the neighbourhood(s).

I think that dorms, stores (for part-time jobs), libraries, and 'hangouts' should be available on the University campus as well; the dorms have expenses to it. If we want apartments added for university students then we need to make apartments available to build on your normal neighbourhoods as well because it would just be unfair to not have apartments available to other sims. Apartments with the University campus would be cheaper because they're intended for students but they would fill up faster for obvious reasons. Dorms would be a little more expensive since it would have cooking and cleaning services.

Let's also not be shy about the cost of university; let's have realistic American tuitions (just because The Sims 3 is an American-made game) and let's have our sims go into debt after university from student loans. I want University to really bite a chunk off your wallet :P . Debt would work like this; it wouldn't put your cash into a negative value, instead you will have the ability to pay off your debt from your mailbox. The debt value rises if you haven't paid off your entire debt after a certain period of time. Lastly, let's also introduce the ability to move out sims and the money that they take from the household. It would also be nice to have the students protest against high tuitions too.

For new jobs, I think that your sims should be offered within their job, to become the professor of the field. For example, if you were doing the music career, you could be offered to branch off and become the professor of music. I think that there should be different types of degrees:

- Bachelor Degree of Arts: Allows your sims to start at a higher job level (like level 4 or 5) in artistic work fields such as the Music, Education, Journalism, Politics, Culinary, or Professional Sports.

- Bachelor Degree of Science: Allows your sims to start at a higher job level in scientific work fields like the Science, Criminal, or Forensics (branch) careers.

- Master's Degree: Allows your sims to start at an even higher job level in the Education, Politics, Business careers, or Military careers.

- Ph.D: Allows your sims to start at an even higher job level in the Medical, Science, Special Agent (branch), or Evil (branch from crim.).

The Ph.D and Master's degrees require a bachelor's degree and they require a high academic average from a bachelor's degree as well. Bachelors' degrees won't be as time consuming as the Master's and Ph.D's. When your sim graduates with a Bachelor's degree, they will have more of their current life-span left than if they were to graduate with a Ph.D or Master's degree.

The opportunities that the sims are presented with in University will become "assignments" or "projects" instead; and some you will be forced to do. Some jobs will now require degrees before a sim is able to move onto the next job level. For example, you cannot become a Trauma Surgeon of the Medical career until you get your Ph.D.

This also means that sims that are older than YA are also going to have to get a degree to move onto their next promotion which is why I am also going to suggest an option for online education for sims that are older than YA. What happens with them is that they pay for a slightly more expensive education except that it is completed within a week while the sim is at home in their normal neighbourhood. They don't have to go to any classes; instead they have to attend online lectures, online exams, and they receive tons of assignments and projects within that week; basically your sim will live on coffee.

EDIT: I have a much more realistic University suggestion in another thread.

Last edited by Scryer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

i love all the ideas suggested here (in fact i registered just so i could post a response) especially those from scryer...i would love to see even some of these ideas implemented in a future higher education expansion. i really think it's great to include a way for older sims to go back to school or get another degree later in life.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Scryer wrote:
A college or University EP would be great to have again. I remember LOVING it in TS2.

We might have some age issues though since we have a young adult stage... For example, I don't want my sims to come out of college/university just to find that they only have 3 days of being a young adult left. I think maybe 12-15 days left would be decent on an average life span setting?

WIth that said, I think that a University EP should put your sims own life span "on pause" and when they come out of university, they come out with a decent amount of days left in their current lifespan. Because of this, sims in the central neighbourhood (like Riverview) would age half as fast since your current sims are comming out with a certain number of days left instead of aging normally. This would mean that a University Campus would need to be created as a separate neighbourhood that your teen/YA sims will move into. Also your sims have to be a YA in order to move into campus housing... Before I move on, my ideal University EP would have it so that if you moved your YA sim into university when they are 3 days old then after they graduate, their life span is "X" minus their current age; X = the age that they come out of university after they graduate/drop out if they were 0 days old as a YA.

In my opinion, your YA sims shouldn't be getting their degrees within a week so that's why I am suggesting a different aging system with them vs. the rest of the neighbourhood(s).

I think that dorms, stores (for part-time jobs), libraries, and 'hangouts' should be available on the University campus as well; the dorms have expenses to it. If we want apartments added for university students then we need to make apartments available to build on your normal neighbourhoods as well because it would just be unfair to not have apartments available to other sims. Apartments with the University campus would be cheaper because they're intended for students but they would fill up faster for obvious reasons. Dorms would be a little more expensive since it would have cooking and cleaning services.

Let's also not be shy about the cost of university; let's have realistic American tuitions (just because The Sims 3 is an American-made game) and let's have our sims go into debt after university from student loans. I want University to really bite a chunk off your wallet :P . Debt would work like this; it wouldn't put your cash into a negative value, instead you will have the ability to pay off your debt from your mailbox. The debt value rises if you haven't paid off your entire debt after a certain period of time. Lastly, let's also introduce the ability to move out sims and the money that they take from the household. It would also be nice to have the students protest against high tuitions too.

For new jobs, I think that your sims should be offered within their job, to become the professor of the field. For example, if you were doing the music career, you could be offered to branch off and become the professor of music. I think that there should be different types of degrees:

- Bachelor Degree of Arts: Allows your sims to start at a higher job level (like level 4 or 5) in artistic work fields such as the Music, Education, Journalism, Politics, Culinary, or Professional Sports.

- Bachelor Degree of Science: Allows your sims to start at a higher job level in scientific work fields like the Science, Criminal, or Forensics (branch) careers.

- Master's Degree: Allows your sims to start at an even higher job level in the Education, Politics, Business careers, or Military careers.

- Ph.D: Allows your sims to start at an even higher job level in the Medical, Science, Special Agent (branch), or Evil (branch from crim.).

The Ph.D and Master's degrees require a bachelor's degree and they require a high academic average from a bachelor's degree as well. Bachelors' degrees won't be as time consuming as the Master's and Ph.D's. When your sim graduates with a Bachelor's degree, they will have more of their current life-span left than if they were to graduate with a Ph.D or Master's degree.

The opportunities that the sims are presented with in University will become "assignments" or "projects" instead; and some you will be forced to do. Some jobs will now require degrees before a sim is able to move onto the next job level. For example, you cannot become a Trauma Surgeon of the Medical career until you get your Ph.D.

This also means that sims that are older than YA are also going to have to get a degree to move onto their next promotion which is why I am also going to suggest an option for online education for sims that are older than YA. What happens with them is that they pay for a slightly more expensive education except that it is completed within a week while the sim is at home in their normal neighbourhood. They don't have to go to any classes; instead they have to attend online lectures, online exams, and they receive tons of assignments and projects within that week; basically your sim will live on coffee.

This would be amazing ! :dance2:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:58 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

edited

Last edited by munch on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Soarin
I love this idea. University life is some of the best years of a persons life (From what everyone says D:) So wouldent if be fun to have that in the Sims 3?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The school system should work like how I am about to describe.

You goto the facility (elementary and up included) and walk into the hallway. Here you can socialize with your sim's peers. Rooms like the classrooms will be blacked out, unable to look into them. This would be because the doors entering them will be rabbit holes. Such locations as the gym and cafeteria shall remain open however when it's time for class. Your sims disappear into the room and come out when over. This is how I wish most of the rabbit hole buildings worked now including the theater.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Scryer wrote:

Love Love Love this idea :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :dance2: :dance2: :love: :love: :love: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:50 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm dying to have a college expansion pack!

I just transferred to another college 4 hours away from home, so for the first time I'm experiencing the college experience. This is setting off a bunch of ideas for a Sims college expansion pack.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]