View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 African Hairstyles for Sims 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post African Hairstyles for Sims
Hey guys,

Does anybody know of a good site that has decent african-american hairstyles? There isn't a lot of them out there and I doubt that that kind of custom content even exists yet but I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:42 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: African Hairstyles for Sims
There's this:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/garden ... ic=13760.0

FOUND IT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fdltnmzidiv

Image:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Roomie
Roomie

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388294

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks a ton you guys. You all really helped out.

It's just really hard to find those kinds of hairstyles.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Nice hair, but why is it modelled on a white chick? HAHA

Offtopic: I've always hated the term "African American". It's a ridiculous "politically correct" invented term often used describe black people as a whole even when they're not from Africa. It's even worse in this case because it should really be "African Simerican" or something of the sort. In any case, it's okay to just say "black".

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 am
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
Offtopic: There's a reason it's politically correct. I'd rather be called African-American than Black, because my skin sure as hell isn't black :ton:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Ayo wrote:
Offtopic: There's a reason it's politically correct. I'd rather be called African-American than Black, because my skin sure as hell isn't black :ton:

That's why I tried to keep it politically correct :P . Sometimes people don't identify their own race strictly by colour.

Anyways I wanted these kinds of hairstyles in my game because I like to try to have my game a little more realistic; they only had like 2 african american hairstyles in the game, which sucks (I'm hoping that LN will give us a couple). And they are super hard to find as Custom Content if you don't know where to look.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Misplaced
Misplaced

^ Exactly :). There aren't many CC African-American styles. If I recall there might have been 1 or two released through the store, hopefully we get at least a couple more with Late Night but I won't get my hopes up. My advice would be to keep an eye out on this website:http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Hair. Most CC hair ends up being posted there so it's useful :D

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:01 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Ayo wrote:

Offtopic: Sorry, I'm gonna make a race discussion D: But I'm not pure white, but I'm white, not an Irish-Scottish-English British.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Would the word 'Afro-American' be any better?

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Roomie
Roomie

I'm actually interracial but I'm brown skin. And I would just say I'm interracial/other because saying I'm African American doesn't feel right to me because I am not from Africa nor do I know of any of my immediate family being African. So I've been told I'm Native American/Black and perhaps Hispanic.

Would you call a brown skinned England citizen African because of their skin tone? Not all brown skinned people are from Africa or originated there. Isn't that kind of saying that all light skinned people originated from Britain? Which is false because all over the world many ethnic groups originate and not just from one location only.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Kraslev wrote:
Nice hair, but why is it modelled on a white chick? HAHA

Offtopic:  I've always hated the term "African American". It's a ridiculous "politically correct" invented term often used describe black people as a whole even when they're not from Africa. It's even worse in this case because it should really be "African Simerican" or something of the sort. In any case, it's okay to just say "black".
Offtopic:
 OK, but what if you decide to move to Germany and become German? Are you then an African-German? Also, do you know for sure that your ancestors are African and not Jamaican or anything else? Certainly your skin is not black, but mine not white either. Those are, however, simple descriptions used for thousands of years to describe race. I've met very few black people who identify as "African-American". I have, however met tons of people who will refer to any black person as "African-American", which of course angers Haitians, Jamaicans, and anyone else who isn't from Africa.
 "Say it loud — I'm African-American and I'm proud" just doesn't have the same ring to it, now does it? The term "black" was embraced in the late 60's and early 70's as part of the Black Power Movement as a replacement for the old term: "negro". In recent years, "black" has found perceived negative connotations, usually by white people, which brought its usage into a decline, but it is quickly coming back into use.
 In any case, I'm sorry to force the racial discussion. I just feel strongly about that specific topic and, as a linguist, I find much of political correctness to be complete bull designed to make old white men feel better about the awful things they say. It's okay to say "black" and, in many cases, is preferred. Thanks :D

P.S.: The term "African-American", much like "Italian-American" and any other "Nationality-American" combos, for me anyway, hold the implication that the person was not born in America and immigrated here sometime after birth. But that's probably just me.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am
Misplaced
Misplaced

But but.. humans originated out of Africa, so all of our ancestors are African..
Not to mention, the terms "Black" or "White" or whatever to describe race are irrelevant. As race is merely a socially constructed fabrication. We're all people :ton:
Anyways this is so totally offtopic so we should take it to the offtopic section or stop cluttering up this thread!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Ayo, you have a point. When I created this thread, I used the term "African-American" to describe people that have african features.

And when I say African, I am using it in the most commonly recognized form of it when referred to race; which is generally darker people who are from 2010. Just clearing my intentions before they're attacked.

I agree, unless you are linking more african-american-style hairs, lets move this to the off-topic section.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Wow, this thread is getting way too deep into the racial correctness..
So i'm just gonna go in and say that 'THAT HAIR IS AWSOME'
I also thought that the bit in the mirror was part of it and i thought it was weird... then i realised it wasn't :p

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm
Roomie
Roomie

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymzminndv ... wBeads.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd3ua5mmj ... dsBand.zip

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388588

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:14 pm
Simmer
Simmer

I'm looking for more hair styles for my black Sims also. Does anyone know of any hair that looks sorta like one of Nouk's for the Sims 2.

Here's the link to what I'm talking about.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=223271

I'd also love to know if anyone knew of other curly hairs for The Sims 3 as well.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:33 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Since this thread was started the store has added a number of new hairstyles (albeit mostly different forms of corn rolls). LN had a few interesting ones. (although that corn roll in the front, long and straight in the back style is hideous)/

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:59 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

[deleted]

Last edited by DeleteThisAccount on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Haha! Corn Rolls XD

Anyways.. this thread needs to die soon :l

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next