View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 do you think they might possibly be bringing vampires back.. 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post do you think they might possibly be bringing vampires back..
so soon because of twilight?

twilight completely ruined vampires for me. it wasn't such a big deal when i first got night life. i thought the vampires were awesome. but then those horrible movies started coming out. i don't like them as much now as before. i feel like they're doing it again maybe /partly/ because of twilight and the whole "vampire obsession craze" thing.

so far.. besides servos/simbots (they are robots, but not technically the same), vampires are the only other creature being brought back from the sims 2.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:49 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: do you think they might possibly be bringing vampires ba
could be... but i think its just because its a downtown/citylife based EP, and well NL was much the same, which included vampires. hopefully the vampires will be more classic-ish (burn in the sun, sleep in the day, DO NOT SPARKLE)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:23 am
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
I think it's just because most people want them back. Vampires were one of the most loved creatures in TS2, and I remember always seeing in new EP discussions "I don't care as long as they bring back Vampires". Everyone wanted the vampires, so it seems EA gave it to them. Of course, their option to bring back our lovely bloodsucking Sims might have been supported by Twilight and the current OMG VAMPIRES phase that society is going through, but I doubt that that was the reason. :3

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The go well with this concept of EP and fans of the series enjoyed them during TS2 era.

I doubt that EA based their choice of EP to develop on a current popular franchise. A The Sims title is going to sell regardless.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i heard somebody mention that how after the release of this expansion pack, there will be tons of 'edward cullen' type sims on the exchange.

i'm dreading that.

i guess my bottom line would be, is if these vampires sparkle then i'm throwing the game out. i might store it in a closet so dark that it will never again see the light of day.

i haven't even seen any twilight movies, yet it still ruins the whole concept for me. i would blame twilight even more if it weren't for the vampires in nightlife. rest assured, hopefully it's just because they were in the sims 2. besides this, i don't have any problems with seeing other creatures make a second return.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:16 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

dragonbytes wrote:
i heard somebody mention that how after the release of this expansion pack, there will be tons of 'edward cullen' type sims on the exchange.

As opposed to now?? :laugh:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

dear lord, i haven't even searched 'edward cullen' on the exchange. who knows how many there are now. :(

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Rachael
I do like twilight but i don't want that in the game it would ruin it.

I think there bringing them back because it is a night EP, cause it make sense a creature that only come out at night, or else they die

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Monoxide wrote:
I think it's just because most people want them back. Vampires were one of the most loved creatures in TS2, and I remember always seeing in new EP discussions "I don't care as long as they bring back Vampires".

That was totally not me I swear. :gig:

but if they put Twilight vampires into the game?... hahaha, how much of a fail that would be, so failistic that I'd KILL ALL VAMPIRES. ;-; NO TWILIGHT! Besides wouldn't they get sued or something for 'copying Twilight'?

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 pm
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
I don't think it's directly because of Twilight, I think it's a combination of the vampires having been in Nightlife and getting a good response from customers & the fact that the world seems to be on a huge vampire kick lately, not just Twilight ones but vampires in general, I mean look at all the vampire shows & movies & books coming out right now. I don't know how it is in other countries but in America we're going crazy over the supernatural stuff lately. :gig:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

At one point, I thought it would be a good PR stunt to try and release vampires around a Twilight release to try and boost sales, but I can see that this isn't really the case. Though I'm sure they probably would have liked to do something like that, timing would be everything, which would just be hard to do when trying to make something like an EP

It just makes sense that vampires come with this EP, that's really all there is to it. Late Night was the next EP they wanted to make, and they usually have to put a creature in each one. There's no better creature that fits it

I'm really doubting vampires will be anything like Twilight as well. EA isn't going to change them over some silly movie/books. People need to remember that Twilight is in the minority here. There are FAR more vampire related things where vampires are more traditional

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw some Twilight sims over at MTS. I don't remember which, but I don't really care either. I wouldn't add them into my game, even to kill them... probably... :idea:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Fuck Twilight. They had vampires in the other Sims games so it's definitely not just because of twilight. However if the vampires in the new EP have even a HINT of sparkle, I'll never buy a Sims game again.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Little-V wrote:
Fuck Twilight. They had vampires in the other Sims games so it's definitely not just because of twilight. However if the vampires in the new EP have even a HINT of sparkle, I'll never buy a Sims game again.

WHAT IF THEY HAVE BLOOM EFFECT? D:

(I think that's what it's called).

Anyways, I think abandoning a game because it hints to a franchise is ridiculous. People, it's just a book and film.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
Monoxide wrote:
Anyways, I think abandoning a game because it hints to a franchise is ridiculous. People, it's just a book and film.

Amen to that, people always get their panties in a twist over twilight. I don't understand it. If you don't like it fine I get it, but what I don't get is the ridiculous over dramatic unnecessary rants people make "OMG TWILIGHT IT'S SO FAIL, STUPID STUPID STUPID, GET IT AWAY!! I'M MELTING, MELTING MELTINNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!"
*rolls eyes*

I doubt the vampires will be anything like the Twilight ones in this EP, even if they are someone in the awesome sims community will release CC/mods to make it less like twilight and more tolerable. No need to go crazy people really.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

haha ur funny, and u make a good point :laugh:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Monoxide wrote:
Little-V wrote:

It's called a joke.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Little-V wrote:
Monoxide wrote:
Little-V wrote:

It's called a joke.

I think you mean sarcasm.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Little-V wrote:
Monoxide wrote:
Little-V wrote:

It's called a joke.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: HAHAHA

Omg it's so funny. :gig:

:shift:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

ok so im reading all the replies to the twitter thing, and well its looking pretty cool, also he mentioned that vampires wont die from exposure in the sun... but theyll get blisters that will last after they are out ofthe sun, and they cant use their powers... sooo atleast thwey dont sparkle.

edit:
so vampires can die by "thirst" so im guessing blood, butdoes that mean that they have to turn people into vampires whenever there thirsty?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:10 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The best quote from that Twitter thing yet.....
Quote:
42) Vampires have a special skin type of sorts (NOT GLITTER). But no, we don't have new "skin types."

YESSSSS!!! Good, I'm not the only one thinking that

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next