View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Coconut Island 'Paradise Shores' (CAW files released) 

Post Re: Coconut Island 3.0 BETA! *New*
You are missing a door in, I believe its called, "The Keep". Whatever that dance club that looks like a castle is. The area where the hot-tub is is walled off and doorless. That might be causing a routing issue.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Also, is this the official count of islands there will be, or will you possibly make more? I'd like to see more jobs being available, as the Ambitions jobs can get annoying after awhile. xD Maybe you could rig the rabbit hole system to fit your island? I've seen it happen before, I just forgot how.

I look forward to more nightclubs and bars (which hopefully won't have routing issues D:), it seems like a great theme for this sort of stuff.

I am Electra Heart.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Jawsh wrote:
Also, is this the official count of islands there will be, or will you possibly make more? I'd like to see more jobs being available, as the Ambitions jobs can get annoying after awhile. xD Maybe you could rig the rabbit hole system to fit your island? I've seen it happen before, I just forgot how.
Rug-based rabbit holes, you can get them off MS3B.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
~ərry wrote:
Jawsh wrote:
Rug-based rabbit holes, you can get them off MS3B.

You can also either A. play with the land (I've seen people manipulate the school to be one story) or B. be like me and stuff everything in basements. But that's plain cheesy ;)

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I won't be expanding until the next expansion comes out. This is all for 3.0!

I'm going to include two rabbit holes for 3.0 - a city hall so sims can register self employed, and a science center - to fend off all the vampires! And the idea of a "Military Bunker" for the science center sounds fun.

No school! At least not happening on my end. :wink: I do have a generic community building that I'll include a basement in if you want to plop a school down there.

and the rugs are highly recommended. :nod: Coconut Island isn't supposed to have 9-5 jobs :yeah:, and the only reason I'm including the city all and science center is for the reasons stated. Once I get all the spawners and tombs in, making money will be easier. Paint something! haha.

rugs: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411270

they're iffy with LN - but I haven't had a problem with them yet.

the door missing at the keep is a secret door tied to a door switch. It's a hidden tomb, so it doesn't cause any routing problems. I removed them for the BETA.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I used the rugs to make a 'central station'. I put a real subway there to save the lag of walking at work hours, and then made a basement, put the rugs in the basement, and made it look like a fake subway. I wish the rugs were updated for Late Night, as I want my sims to fulfill their Late Night lifetime wishes, but they'll do for now. xD

Oh, I'm never gonna put a school in the neighborhood, my younger sims can do without, it seems like a vacation type neighborhood, so no school.

One thing I'm really hoping for is either a Restaurant mod or Restaurants in the next expansion pack, because that seems like the only thing the island is missing, dining. D:

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

oky doky... :dig:

been doing a lot. Still so much to do, but I cut my list of 100 in half.

Where did you place your central station? I've added a dock on the opposite end of Coconut Village, and thinking of adding a dock over by the Gazebo in The Dunes. Are you using my NPC'sUseSubways mod?

I plan on making this a vacation world after I finish, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=421319

restaurants would be lovely. I don't get why they weren't included with Late Night.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:19 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I placed my central station near the pool in The Dunes. Yes, I'm using your NPCsUseSubways mod, it's reduced the lag.

Also, could you make two versions, a vacation world version and a base world version?

I am Electra Heart.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'll see what I can do about the vacation world, not sure how that quite all works yet. I know I'll have to go around and tag different residential as "Ownable" and "Townie" I believe. I'm going to make the base camp one of the "Inn"s. We'll see how that goes later. :wink:

There's a new dock in The Dunes, so hopefully that can cut down on travel time like you did with the central station. New update coming tomorrow! Final release coming in the next two weeks.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:14 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

New release tomorrow? Finally, I can't wait for those nightclubs to be playable. <3 And I'd love to see the work you've added to it.

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:39 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
*appears* I've been paying attention to this. Sorry for not helpful but I've not felt like playing TS3. But I'll give it a go on the next release. *nod* It sounds like it'd be the perfect place to put my legacy family.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Like I've said before, I am seriously thinking about installing AMB & WA just to play this neighborhood a bit.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

new update linked!

Swat, you'll be thinking that for a while if you don't just do it. :yeah:

-give "fog" effects THREE days for fog to disappear and turn into fireflies
-all routing issues are *allegedly* gone
-"Coconut Pyramid Apartments" - a 3 story penthouse in The Dunes
-furnished existing homes
-expanded Stoney Island Inn
-replaced stairs with elevators at The Shark Club
-Stoney Square invisi path no longer sand but stone (was originally seen in map view)
-more invisi pathing in The Dunes for better routing to/from The Pool and The Gazebo
-Better routing for The Gazebo(added stairs, removed flora)
-New path near The Tree House with better access towards Lattice Beach and Bungalows
-The Pool is now 100% functional
-fireflies added to majority of community lots(so sparkly at night!)
-Pool is fixed!
-Tree House has routing issue - just move the telescope back up
-new expansion near Coconut Village, on the panhandle; three empty 15x15 residential and 1 20x20

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

that looks amazing well done :smile:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:28 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hey guys! I'll have a new update this weekend. :happy: Looks like I'll have this done in two weeks tops! Getting close! :dance2:

Click the pic for a large size map!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:48 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS! Please tell me you aren't completely discontinuing this :meh: :no:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS! Please tell me you aren't completely discontinuing this :meh: :no:

Ah! I see you've been to the official forums. :yeah: I'm not discontinuing it, I just left that community. I probably should go back there and clear up that I meant the thread and my involvement at that community is *dead* not Coconut Island. :dig:

There were several individuals that were starting to spread around that I like to stir up drama and trouble and I just didn't feel like being apart of that atmosphere anymore. It started when months ago I got into a heated discussion and called someone arrogant and stubborn because they were being stuck in their ways. I didn't really care about that incident and didn't take it personally, until I noticed individual(s) were going around questioning my age, the friends I have, my maturity, my "literary circle", I hold grudges, saying I should be avoided and that I love stirring up drama and targeting people. It turned into character assaults against me and it started influencing how people viewed me there. No point in wasting time having to explain that I wasn't trying to start drama over and over again to people that were influenced by what others were saying. I really liked mingling/helping people there, but it will get to the point of exhaustion if I have to keep explaining that I'm not doing what they're saying. They have a good community, the good far outweighing the bad, but since I seem to be in the "bad" category, it was best that I just left. There are dozens of communities and places to go to, so it's no real biggie. People will find Coconut Island elsewhere, like here!

Anyway! :ahh:

It's still alive and kicking, don't worry! :happy:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

IggyJD03 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Ah! I see you've been to the official forums. :yeah: I'm not discontinuing it, I just left that community. I probably should go back there and clear up that I meant the thread and my involvement at that community is *dead* not Coconut Island. :dig:

There were several individuals that were starting to spread around that I like to stir up drama and trouble and I just didn't feel like being apart of that atmosphere anymore. It started when months ago I got into a heated discussion and called someone arrogant and stubborn because they were being stuck in their ways. I didn't really care about that incident and didn't take it personally, until I noticed individual(s) were going around questioning my age, the friends I have, my maturity, my "literary circle", I hold grudges, saying I should be avoided and that I love stirring up drama and targeting people. It turned into character assaults against me and it started influencing how people viewed me there. No point in wasting time having to explain that I wasn't trying to start drama over and over again to people that were influenced by what others were saying. I really liked mingling/helping people there, but it will get to the point of exhaustion if I have to keep explaining that I'm not doing what they're saying. They have a good community, the good far outweighing the bad, but since I seem to be in the "bad" category, it was best that I just left. There are dozens of communities and places to go to, so it's no real biggie. People will find Coconut Island elsewhere, like here!

Booo. Sounds like a crowd of high school jocks, cheerleaders, or a sad confusion of the two. Don't both with them, I'm sure that fourm is full of the BBS members. (I heard they were bad?) Idk, I always thought the game is too big to create a proper community of people on their main site.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Carla
IggyJD03 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Hi Iggy

I'm so glad you are not giving up on this world. I saw your message at the other forum and my heart simply dropped. I couldn't believe you were gone. I check your thread every day for updates and when I saw that, I couldn't believe it. But now I understand and I don't blame you for wanting to leave that behind. People can get really mean with their words and don't realize how much it can hurt. Or they simply don't care because they don't see the person they are talking to. Who knows, such is human nature.

But I am glad that you are not letting that stop you. You have such talent and I do admire you. CAW is not an easy thing. I have tried it and got overwhelmed. I guess you have to have a lot of patience, and that is one thing I am sadly lacking.

Anyways, lol, I became a member so that I could follow you. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker. I'm just a fan. I love your work and I can't thank you enough for sharing this gorgeous world with us.

p.s. sorry if I didn't include smilies,lol! I'm trying to figure out how to place them in the message still. Shows you how much I post messages. ahahaha!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:19 am

IggyJD03 wrote:

This is very good news! (I'm BellaClo13 from the official forum btw, no stalking either on my part, just following your world)

The 31th december update is very nice btw. The Shark Club works fine, I have found no routing issue anywhere so far, the fireflies are there (lovely). Your final version 3.0 is looking very promising for sure.

I've just found some weird objects bug on some of the residential lots in Coconut main island. I will try to give you a proper feed back by tomorrow. But for now, if I remember correctly, it's in some of the bungalow twoffers just south of The Garden if you look at your detailed map. The problem I saw is: the mailbox, the trashcan and the expensive toilet on upper floor don't appear in live mode. I can see them in build mode, but not select them to move or replace them for instance. The sims use them autonomously.

Bella.

@azara: you're not alone, I'm still trying to figure out how to include those smillies too. What a shame with such a very nice set of them!

@Iggy: your 'soupage' from the official forum was noticed at maty (you know them, they love drama and 'lulz'). I allowed myself to post there a copy of the explanations you gave here above. Feel free to burn me and send me to hell if you don't agree (and here is the perfect place for a little laughing icon).

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next