View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Updating your game: effects on CAW 
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Updating your game: effects on CAW
So, Town Life just got released, the game got a desperately needed update, and every CAW-user out there began trembling in fear at the thought of yet another reason for the program to crash. For some reason, EA don't tend to announce when they've updated CAW for use with a latest patch, so it's really down to dumb luck, and re-downloading and re-installing the program to see if it's been updated. Anyway, I made this topic so we can all talk, help and share problems that have happened due to the update, as well as future updates and expansion pack releases. At the moment, it seems as though EA haven't put the CAW update up on the page yet, however an updated version exists! It's sitting here for now.

Anyway, I installed Town Life last night, and of course Create a World wouldn't open. I've downloaded the above update, backed up my CAW folder, and the installation is running at the moment. I haven't updated the actual game yet (to 1.24.whatever, I'm still using 1.23.blahblahblah), I tried a couple of times but for some reason at the end of the installation I get some error about a file not being found, so at the moment I'm also downloading a 650mb patch that should update right over the top of it all.
Okay, so CAW has installed, and it opens! Everything seems to be in place, I'm testing Edit in Game now.
Edit in Game works fine, I think. Testing lot editing and saving...
The lot edited fine. Saving game now...
Yeah, it seems to work now. If your CAW is borked because of the 1.24 patch, run the CAW updated I posted above. If it's still playing up... then I guess you should probably post detailing what's happened and we can all help each other. :nod:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: Updating your game: effects on CAW
Just to add onto this...

I've recently been able to get my CAW working (I have Town Life) but whenever I try to save in CAW, it freezes. It doesn't give me any kind of errors or anything; it just freezes up and I have to CTRL+ALT+Delete to close it down.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or if there are any methods to get around this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since EA doesn't do a damn thing!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]