View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Overall, what do you think of the look of the animals? 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Overall, what do you think of the look of the animals?
I'm really impressed by the looks and animations of the horses in the trailers we've seen. And the terrariums, bird cages, and other small animal homes seem pretty cool. But is it just me? -- I am NOT impressed with the cats and dogs. They don't look like they've changed much from the TS2 versions, although I gather the pets can do more things than they could in TS2. It just seems as though, in five years, EA could have made the dogs and cats look a lot more realistic.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Post Re: Overall, what do you think of the look of the animals?
The little i'v seen i think the animals look like... cartoon "things"

I dont think they reflect real animals at all, just like in TS2, they almost looked like ailiens.

But since we can change them how we want we may be able to make it as we want.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:24 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I think both the cats, dogs and horses looks awesome! Much better than The Sims 2 Pets :nod:

I still wish that the cats had whiskers though.

And one thing that I don't like is the foals black soulless eyes. Every foal that I've seen on screenshots have the same eyes. Maybe it's an glitch? I mean if both my horses would have blue eyes and then they got a foal with black eyes, then it wouldn't make any sense. :no:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:26 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Well remember that human babies have all same colour eyes, so it's a possibility they have done it for foals too.
I overall like the look of the animals (apart from the eyes). You say they do what they did in ts2 but what do you expect them to do? I think that it's great they added the walk gait for dogs and cats, in ts2 they trotted everywhere.

One fault I have which isn't major is the way horses walk is really tight and closed as if they're dressage horses all over the place. I guess I wished they walked a little more relaxed and extended, but they've got to keep the routing within the grid right?? Or not, I don't know how routing works...

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Charlie wrote:
....You say they do what they did in ts2 but what do you expect them to do?

I just expected that, since it's been five years since Pets for TS2 was released, that the graphics would look better -- sharper and more detailed. To me, the dogs and cats look the same as they did then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for the Pets release and will be buying it. But I suspect I'll concentrate on horses, at least at first.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:35 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I think the animals look good. The models look fine, the textures have been improved, and the animations look more realistic to me. I even think they did a better job at creating their selected breeds with the tools available, even if they aren't completely perfect. (Which frankly doesn't matter anyway, since you can just go in and fix whatever you consider to be imperfections yourself.)

I definitely don't think they look the same, or that TS2's pets were better. TS3 is a definite improvement to me.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:57 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I really like the way they look, so cute, all of the animals.

I think what some people will have issues with is in order to give the pets more personality they have a lot of facial expression. This of course works very well at conveying the pets emotions but doesn't necessarily reflect the animal realistically.

For me this isn't a problem, I much rather this over an expressionless realistic looking dog. Realistic graphics have never been a problem for me in The Sims, the cartoonish graphics are my preference.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Charlie wrote:
Well remember that human babies have all same colour eyes, so it's a possibility they have done it for foals too.
I overall like the look of the animals (apart from the eyes). You say they do what they did in ts2 but what do you expect them to do? I think that it's great they added the walk gait for dogs and cats, in ts2 they trotted everywhere.

Ah yes, you're right :) But I wish that they would have chosen brown colour and not black demoneyes. :laugh:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

LOL at "black demoneyes"!!! I hadn't even thought of it that way but you're right. :laugh:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:14 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Ooo! Comparisons are nice! They do look MUCH better. It's a similar transition from TS2 Sims to TS3 Sims (in my opinion)

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I agree with swat.
I mean if they made them ultra realistic then they just wouldn't fit in with the sims.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]