View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Boycott The Sims 3 For A Day!! 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
Post Boycott The Sims 3 For A Day!!
One Person have started a Boycott The Sims 3 For a day on Facebook!! please join so we can tell EA that we are tired of this stupid half assed EP's.

http://www.facebook.com/events/170550486380586/?ref=ts

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Post Re: Boycott The Sims 3 For A Day!!
... that should be easy... i don't play anymore.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Useless, redundant and won't tell EA a single thing, especially if it's for a day. If it were for a weak maybe then they'd get it.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:38 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Lightning wrote:
Useless, redundant and won't tell EA a single thing, especially if it's for a day. If it were for a weak maybe then they'd get it.

SilverShadow391 wrote:
... that should be easy... i don't play anymore.

X2

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:11 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Easy for me too. I haven't played in ages.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I haven't played Sims in weeks.. amidoinitrite?

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I was reading the page, they are thinking of changing it to a week. I thing that would make a better point too.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:37 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I haven't played in ages either. I just don't have the motivation to start a legacy anymore, though I suppose I could always go back to The Sims 2. Good ol' Sims 2. :laugh:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

How in the world do they expect this to do anything at all when it doesn't even mean not buying Showtime or Master Suite Stuff Pack? :no:

So they'll do this for a week but then they'll all go and buy Showtime on its release date. They'll have officially succeeded in doing absolutely nothing.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:17 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I won't buy showtime :P

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I don't expect this boycott to work, they never do. Besides, EA is a huge mega-corporation with nothing on the agenda other than money, so no, this will do nothing.

My personal opinion? I don't like Showtime, I know it's not been released yet, but it isn't what I was hoping for and doesn't really appeal to my style of gameplay. I liked Superstar, sure, but that had charm and style to it, this is just a complete time waste. :meh:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I won't be joining as I don't support this boycott. I'm one of the people who plan on buying every ep and sp.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
EA is a business. They are trying to make money. I hate the store but once in a while I will buy things from it - very seldom, though. The thing about a business is that not everyone is going to like their products, their marketing, or their prices. Others will eat it up. I can't say that I am incredibly happy with EA - the buggy products and lacking EP's piss me off - but I enjoy the game (when I have time to play) and only buy from them what I want. I don't think this boycott will accomplish anything and I won't be participating.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I completely agree with what Lola said. EA could do a better job with TS3 but I do like the game and I'm not going to quit playing a week for some boycott that will accomplish absolutely nothing.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

EA are indeed a company and their main objective is to make money, whose isn't? But at the same time they have to acknowledge the fans as, at the end of the day, we are paying their wages.

I think it's only the long term fans who have been there since the start that are so annoyed with them and the current state of the game. Sure, people come along now and buy the game and think it's amazing, because it is, but when you compare the games we have now and the games we used to have, as well as the experiences of said games, it's a shocking reality that the franchise has been swallowed up by a greedy organization!

I am just thankful that we have our old games to fall back on, as they will always fill me with comfort and happiness. It's just a shame that we all thought time would do The Sims justice, well all it's done is ruin it.

This might sound like a rant, but please, I love The Sims 3, because it's The Sims. But I don't love the way it's being treated and I don't like how EA are dangling these products in front of us just for a quick buck! Yes, all the items on the store look awesome, but why should I just have to sit and look at them and not have them in my game? Gone are the days of finding out there is a new Expansion Pack on the horizon and being sure you would get every piece of content with it, but no, now you have to buy the game, then spend more money on the store, which can I just add, I don't do. But the fact is, others do.

I have an idea that EA will more than likely create not The Sims 4, but some type of Sims game that is similar to The Sims Freeplay, where you buy the base game, then have to spend real money on objects for your Sims home, and can only unlock other parts of the game unless you pay for it. I can see it now, we'll soon be paying real money for our Sims weddings! This is a harsh and sadly true state of what the world has become. I wish this not to be true, with all my heart I do, but I can see it happening more and more.

A good friend of mine who runs the fansite The Sims Hub, has written a very good article all about what we expect from The Sims 4, if you are too, worried about the state of the game, please read: http://www.thesimshub.com/2012/01/whats ... he-sims-4/

I hope, I really hope, that EA sees the light with The Sims 4 and give it back to Maxis, or bring the original team back, and create something that we have all been waiting for for almost 4 years! A superior, bug free, and enjoyable game!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Why do people throw out phrases like "EA are a company out to make money just like any other business" like it lets them off the hook? It doesn't and sometimes the "stark truth", "grim reality" or "the way it is" isn't worth a tap to anyone.

On another note maybe it was because it was a simpler game but The Sims Medieval seemed like a much friendlier and bug free experience to me. The Sims 3 for me is a bit like somebody you meet who has just escaped from a mental institute, they seem all friendly to you now.....but you have no idea when they're going to just lose the plot and do who knows what.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised no other developer has attempted to create a life sim game to directly challenge the Sims. From what I can recall nobody has ever really made a serious attempt to take on the Sims franchise. The only thing I can think of is Virtual Families...and anyone who has played that game will realize that it's nowhere near the Sims in terms of gameplay. (Virtual Families is more like a Family "ant farm" then anything else)

I haven't played Sims 3 in ages, but I'm still keeping an eye on the Showbiz expansion. If nothing else it does seem like an unusual expansion but still probably not something I'm interested in.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:01 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I haven't played the game in months.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

X-Anastacia wrote:
I haven't played the game in months.

me either dont play for 2 months now :meh:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 pm
Roomie
Roomie

:evilpoke:
Is this a Sims3 fansite for grumpy old Simsplayers who don't play Sims

:wave: :laugh:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:19 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

MeresimP wrote:
:evilpoke:
Is this a Sims3 fansite for grumpy old Simsplayers who don't play Sims

:wave: :laugh:

I play sims 2 :stare:
But your right. XD

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next