View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 College, University, Whatever... 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Christian
Post College, University, Whatever...
Anyone here attending college? What are you studying? Whatever else you wanna tell us...

I'm only in my first semester, but I'm studying music performance for the piano. (I think when I first joined this place, I loved playing, but the idea of ever going to school for music sounded stupid and I was without interest in such an idea) As such, I feel like I don't have much hope of experiencing this "college life" you hear so many speak of. Maybe it doesn't or shouldn't start within the first few months of school. However, I'm not actually interested in the parties and whatnot. (Believe me, a few years ago I imagined I would drink myself out of college in an instant) My life involves going to class, practicing, eating, and sleeping. It's really not as boring as I make it sound.

What about you all? Not in college anymore? Feel free to say whatever you'd like about it.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:18 am
come hither
come hither

Post Re: College, University, Whatever...
College is fun. It could be slightly better, but theres always room for improvement no matter how your life is.

I drink from time to time, but haven't been partying as much as I thought I'd be or drinking to the point of being wasted. (not that I don't get wasted, I just do it less than I thought I would.)

School isn't that hard, but I'm pushing myself next quarter with 20 credit hours in all difficult classes like Bio, economics, my final math course (calc is SO FUN <3), and Statistics (hopefully this one won't be too bad.)

I'm taking classes assuming that I will have a business major, but in an ideal world I'd have a major where I can help people like occupational therapy or something.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:45 pm
Go On, Say It
Go On, Say It

Name: Brittany
I'm in my fourth (senior) year with my Bachelor of Science in Biology.
WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE? is a question I often ask myself.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I am a Music major... Well... Right now I'm currently not a major in anything as I'm on a 'break' from college, but hopefully it doesn't have to last too long.

The fact of the matter is that when I entered college my life changed pretty drastically and ran into some issues (not as a result of college, but other things...) and it's really held me back. I want to return to transfer to a university (I actually have an Associates degree) and from there I would plan to major in Instrumental Music Education. I want to be a band director.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
I'm currently in my third year studying European Studies. It wasn't my original choice (I wanted to study Korean and Japanese Studies at first) but now I'm glad I chose to change. The course I'm on is really flexible. I don't really have a focus when it comes to fields, as I've done from politics to linguistics and everything in-between.

I'm on a year abroad in Norway at the moment. If you ever get the chance to study abroad, I would really take that chance.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 am
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
I'm leaving sixth form college next month and I'm going to university. Made my choice last night and turned down a course where I'd spend a year in America :no: but yeah, I'm gonna be studying Creative Writing and English Language and Linguistics at York St John :smile:

Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I don't appear to have posted in here yet!

Anyway, I've been accepted and everything into university in Newcastle, but decided to take a year off to work like crazy and get some money saved up for a car, rent, etc.
I'll be studying architecture, which is a 3 year course for my Bachelor degree then another 2 on top of that for my Masters. I'll probably take another year off in between the two degrees and work abroad or something. I've always wanted to live in New York for a year (cliché, I know) so I'll probably end up doing that then coming back to boring old Australia to finish my Masters.

I'll also be doing a 2-year course to get my Degree in Languages, I just have to pick which one I want to learn Japanese would probably be the most practical, but I've always wanted to learn French.

Wed May 09, 2012 1:08 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
ɭestrɑnge wrote:
I'm leaving sixth form college next month and I'm going to university. Made my choice last night and turned down a course where I'd spend a year in America :no: but yeah, I'm gonna be studying Creative Writing and English Language and Linguistics at York St John :smile:

You can always ask York St Johns about their study abroad options. A lot of courses don't advertise that you're able to spend at least a semester abroad. If you want to be cheap (like me), choose to study a year abroad in Europe (Erasmus) if you can. You'll get a grant from the British Council, and you don't pay any tuition fees to your home university or the university abroad.

I'm going to apply to study my masters in Sweden! I really don't want to study in the UK again. I think I'll take a year out to work though because I have to find some funds, but at least there aren't any tuition fees.

Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 pm
Interrupted by Fireworks
Interrupted by Fireworks

Name: Tess
I go to a community college cause im so p00r.

and I'm a science major because it's my mom's dream that i become a pharmacist, yay.

Wed May 09, 2012 11:19 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
Sjung wrote:
ɭestrɑnge wrote:

You can always ask York St Johns about their study abroad options. A lot of courses don't advertise that you're able to spend at least a semester abroad. If you want to be cheap (like me), choose to study a year abroad in Europe (Erasmus) if you can. You'll get a grant from the British Council, and you don't pay any tuition fees to your home university or the university abroad.

I'm going to apply to study my masters in Sweden! I really don't want to study in the UK again. I think I'll take a year out to work though because I have to find some funds, but at least there aren't any tuition fees.

I've been told that Linguistics students get to spend a semester in either France, Italy or Sweden, with the possibilities of USA and Australia in the future. I've just always dreamed of studying in the US :laugh:

Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Celestial
Celestial

I'm going to a city collage now. My major is physics. I'm hoping to transfer to Stanford in a couple years.

Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
It's really interesting to see what everyone else does :)
I'm in the same boat as Jack and Joe, just sorted out my choices too.

I also want to study abroad (mostly america too) so thats an interesting idea you mentioned! :3

Theoretically I'm going to study Animation at Glamorgan University if I get the grades I need. (an A in graphics etc)
If not... well... we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.... D:
I've finished graphics and art now and am already dreading the results in august!! D:

Thu May 17, 2012 9:45 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I am working full time. As soon as I finished high school, I went to school for aesthetics (make-up, nails, reflexology, etc). It was supposed to be a 6-month course but I quit after a month because I didn't like it.

A couple of years later I went to college and took a 1-year business course, which I was good at and enjoyed. My dad died the month after I finished and I went back in the fall to study Financial Services but because I hated the course and was kind of messed up from my dad's death, I quit half way through.

Most recently, I took a mortgage course over correspondence and that is now the field I am working in.

Sometimes I wish I had gone to University (college and university are very different in Canada) just for the experience but I hate writing essays. I might eventually go back to school when I finally decide what I want to be when I grow up... :laugh:

Fri May 18, 2012 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
There's totally no rush and nothing stopping you from going back! I am still not sure about what I want to do, which is weird seeing as I've applied for something oddly specific :/

Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 pm
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
Yeah I go to a university. I commute and live from home. I do not like college, I hate the whole idea and pressure to party and stuff and because I don't it really has affected me socially, I don't have friends at my school. All my high school friends moved away from college and I also work part-time while being a full-time student and I pretty much hate it. But I would never drop out because I don't like it, I just have to suck it up because I want to be a teacher and the thought of finally graduating and having my own classroom and students makes it worth it. It's so lame but I honestly cannot wait to be an adult.

Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Good for you for sticking with it, Lauren! I worked part-time and went to school full time for about a month and it super sucked. I'm impressed that you're making it work!

Mon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]