The Sims 2: UserStartup
What is a Userstartup? That is a file that can be used to have cheats active continuously without even entering them in the game. It can also be used to give a shorter, easier name to a cheat.
Lets’s start with the first option:
For me personally, I think the sound of the TV is way too loud. Also I can’t invite more then 2 people to a party. So before I used this Userstartup file, I needed to enter these codes every single time.
Now I have placed these codes in a file and I don’t have to worry about it anymore. Here’s the file I personally use: UserStartup.cheat
As you then can see there are 2 cheats in there:
– intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
– floatProp tvVolume 0.3
Now if you like to use this particular file aswell, place it here: C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config (may be different with other languages). UserStartup.cheat zipfile
If there are other cheats you like to have active, feel free to add them in that file. After you’re done, just press the Save button. Do not ‘Save as…’
One warning; There are a couple of cheats that you better not use in this file:
– moveobjects on: With this cheat active, you can’t place doors and windows properly.
– boolprop testingcheatsenabled true: When placing this cheat in this file, it will give you more options but having it active all the time may give some serious problems.
Now the other option; Giving cheats a shorter name.
There are some cheats that are highly useful but are quite long to type in, like
– Boolprop constrainfloorelevation false or
– BoolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
Now check again the Userstartup file: UserStartup.cheat
As you can see, the following was added:
alias constrainon “boolprop constrainfloorelevation false”
alias constrainoff “boolprop constrainfloorelevation true”
alias angleon “BoolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true”
alias angleoff “boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false”
Now when in the game, just type in angleon (as in Angle On), and the cheat ‘BoolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true’ will be activated. Note:
– Having aliases in that file will NOT activate them automatically, it will only make shortcuts.
– Also, the old cheatnames will still work.
Here is again the userstartup in a zipfile: UserStartup.cheat zipfile